Grundfos AMG, AFG and SRP products must be disposed according to local regulations by using a public or private waste collection service. If this is not possible, contact the nearest Grundfos company or service workshop.
Safety related to materials used
- There is no risk for people during the disassembly process posed by the materials
used in the product.
Safety related to environment
- AMG, AFG and SRP products contain oil
- Motor oil, type Shell Fluid 4600. The volume of oil varies from 1.2 to 4.0 liters depending on product size. This oil must be disposed according to local legislation via a public or private waste collection service.
- Gear oil ISO VG 68/220. The volume of oil varies from 1.2 to 6.8 liters depending on product size.
Safety related to handling the product
- Care should be taken:
a) To ensure that the pump and the pump parts are washed in the best possible way before disassembly.
Note: If the pump has been processing/pumping a liquid which is injurious to health or toxic, it may be classified as a contaminated item and handled as such.
b) Due to the weight of the pump.
Disassembly of the Product
The main materials of the components are:
- Cast iron
- Polymers/Composite materials.
The materials used can be recycled to a large extend – depending on the national possibilities for recycling.
The pump is assembled by using screws and bolts and can be disassembled with standard tools. There are no loose parts inside the motor.
|4||Copper||The rubber outside the copper wires in the cable must be removed from the copper and disposed in an environmentally sound way.|
The stator is heat-shrink fitted into the stator housing.
|Additional materials:||Screws, nameplate, bearings, washers, etc. are made of stainless steel and brass.|
Eventual motor bracket is made of stainless steel.