Grundfos DMX Pumps must be disposed of according to local regulations by using a public or private waste collection service. If this is not possible, contact the nearest Grundfos company or service workshop.
To identify the specific product materials, please check the Type key available in the product nameplate as described in the product´s Installation and operating instructions.
Safety related to materials used
- The materials used in DMX pumps do not pose any health risk to the person handling them. Please observe the corresponding indications in the Installation and operating instructions for taking the product out of operation.
- The pump housing is filled with non-dangerous mineral oil-based grease.
Safety related to handling the product
- The required safety measures for handling the chemical being dosed with this pump should be taken. The parts in contact with the fluid should be rinsed and cleaned before disposal in an environmentally sound way.
- The product should be taken out of operation according to the recommendations described in the Installation and operating instructions.
- Care should be taken when handling the pump due to its weight.
Disassembly of the Product
Depending on the pump model, the materials of the product components are:
- Stainless Steel of different grades
- Thermoplastics of different compositions
- Elastomers of different compositions
- Mineral oil-based grease (DMX 221 and 226)
- Hydraulic oil (DMX 227)
- Electronic scrap
The pump can be mostly disassembled with standard tools.
A slide Hammer and a set of pliers are recommended to ease the disassembly.
|Designation||Name||Material||Special Disassembly Consideration|
|1||Motor||Siemens asynchronous motor||Use a long Allen key to remove the motor retaining screws|
|3||Eccentric||Bronze / steel||Use a slide hammer to remove the complete gear shaft|
|5||Dosing head||PP or PVC or PVDF or SS 1.4571|
|6||Suction valve housing||PP or PVC or PVDF or SS 1.4571|
|6.1||Gaskets||EPDM or FKM or PTFE|
|6.2||Balls||Glass or Ceramic or PTFE or Stainless steel 1.4401|
|7||Discharge valve housing||Idem suction side|
|8||Stroke-length adjustment||ABS, Steel||Not for DMX 227|
|10||Support disc||Brass||Only for DMX 227|
|Pump enclosure||Model 221: PPO / PS blend|
Models 226, 227: Aluminium
|AR electronics||Enclosure upper part PPO/PS|
Enclosure lower part Aluminium
|Only for pumps with AR electronics|
|Lubricant||Aluminium soap grease||Only for DMX 221 and DMX 226 models|
|Lubricant||Hydraulic oil||Only for DMX 227 models|