Grundfos MS6000 must be disposed of according to local regulations by using a public or private waste collection service. If this is not possible, contact the nearest Grundfos company or service workshop.
Safety risk related to materials used
- MS6000 contains motor liquid with monopropylene glycol.
- Hermetically sealed stator with embedding material – risk of explosion if exposed to temperature > 120 deg C.
- Grinding in SS poses risk of dust with Cr and Ni.
Safety risk related to handling the product
- Electrically burned motors can contain health hazardous substances formed by burning of various insulation materials.
- Motor and motor liquid can contain substances present in the media it has been in (pay attention in case of radioactive media – biological growth etc.)
Disassembly of the product
- Submersible motor can be disassembled into main components using standard tools.
- Shaft can be pressed out of rotor core.
- Stator + rotor core can be recycled by use of shredder technology to separate the different materials, copper, SS, electro steel and insulation materials.
|Designation||Name||Material||Special disassembly considerations|
|1||Sand shield + diaphragm||Rubber|
|2||Shaft seal housing||SS casting|
|Motor liquid||Monopropylene glycol + water|
|3||Shaft seal||Rubber + seal faces (silicium carbide and or ceramic/carbon)|
|4||Shaft with rotor||Shaft extension in SS, rest in mild steel.||2 SS or tungsten carbide bearing bushes|
|Rotor core||Lamination – electro steel|
Copper bars + copper short circuiting rings
Pump in SS sheet steel
|5||Bearing bracket||Mild steel + carbon bushes||Press fit|
|6||Upper bearing pipe||SS + carbon bushes||Press fit|
|7||Thrust bearing rotating||Cast iron + ceramic ring||Glued|
|8||Thrust bearing stationary||Carbon shoes|
Mesh - SS 1.4301
Support – cast iron
|Some contains antimon|
|9||Anti rotation brackets||Mild steel|
|10||Shaft adjustment||Cast iron|
|12||End shield||SS plate|
|13||Hermetically sealed stator||Shell + end cover – SS 1.4301|
Top – SS casting
Embedding material – aluminium oxide and epoxy
Winding wire – Insulated copper
Stator lamination – electro steel
Some stators with small PCB in top.
|External bolts and nuts||SS grade|