Purpose of job
Develop and execute highly complex or specialised initiatives/activities with an impact on Grundfos as a whole. Execute high degree of functional responsibility.
The Business Development Function in China (BD China) is accountable for ensuring continuous identification and development of profitable growth opportunities in the Chinese market.
Evaluate business opportunities in sub-segments and make tactical and targeted recommendations.
- Develop, drive and implement complex business development projects with major impact in cooperation with the regions (short- or long-term, across the entire value chain, across geographic development, campaigns, product launch, SCM activities, sub segment(s) development, distribution, service offerings, acquisitions and post activities, competence development in specific parts of the organization, market analysis and business plan suggestions).
- Collect and analyse market and competitor data.
- Represent market segment at various events, e.g. exhibitions, customer events and seminars.
- Ensure knowledge sharing reg. future customer needs and long-term market trends with relevant portfolio managers and R&T.
- Support BD China Director in ensuring continuous identification and development of profitable growth opportunities in the Building Services market in China.
- Accountable for identifying new trends and demands in the Building Services (Commercial and Residential) area, and translate these into opportunities and business growth.
Major Tasks include, but not limited to:
- Development and anchoring of Global strategy
- Strategy development and execution with special focus on China Region.
- Developing, driving, implementing and maintaining Business strategies and Plans for China Building services. (CBS, RBS and DE)
- Evaluating business opportunities in sub-segments.
- Creating tactical and targeted business recommendations based on thorough market and customer insights
- Develop, drive and implement complex customer oriented business development projects in cooperation with relevant stakeholders (short- or long-term and across the entire value chain)
- Ensure knowledge sharing regarding future customer needs and long-term market trends with relevant functions
- Continuously engage with customers and Sales Channels through regular visits.
- Drive and/or participate in customer-oriented Business development pilot projects
- Leading and inspiring a team of Business developers to great results
Critical knowledge and experience
Industry, market and business environment
- Experience developing and implementing processes within business development.
- Experience leading key strategies within a large business environment; experience in a large manufacturing environment is strongly preferred.
- Experience operating and leading processes within business development.
- Most likely to have 8-10 years of relevant work experience before entering level besides formal education.
Technical, functional and professional
- Strong background executing complex or specialized projects and activities in a specific market segment.
- Proven results supporting key initiatives in a large organization; experience in large manufacturing environment is strongly preferred.
- Possess strong knowledge of best practices in relevant systems, local laws and regulations where applicable, in a specific market segment.
- Master in Engineering, Science or Business
- Minimum 6-10 years of experience working within business development or similar function
- Proven record of cross-functional team leadership and passion for Business development in a local as well as Global environment
- Possesses strong knowledge of best practices in Business Development in China
- Proven results on successful business development.
Notice for candidates from Russia and Central Asia
If you are a candidate from any of the below mentioned countries wishing to explore employment opportunities with Grundfos, we would like to firstly thank you for your interest, and urge you to visit the job page of your country to apply for specific positions that interest you, rather than create a talent profile in
our system. This is suggested to ensure full compliance with the data privacy
requirements of your country.
Russia, Belarus, Kazakhstan, Uzbekistan, Turkmenistan, Tajikistan, Afghanistan, Kyrgyzstan
Grundfos now has a global recruiting system in place, supporting our ambition to provide a qualitative user experience to all our candidates.
To be updated on all career opportunities that might interest you as a candidate, we ask you to create a Talent Profile and set up a job alert so that you will be notified when a position that matches your criteria is posted. Creating a profile will also enable Grundfos recruiters to search and find your CV for when your education and experience match a role we are actively working to fill.
Thank you for your interest in Grundfos.