Proposals Engineer – Water Utilities
Reports to: Proposals Manager
Location:Office based in Leighton Buzzard (Bedfordshire), Birmigham or Leigh ()Lancashire)
To take responsibility for managing, coordinating and administering of project and service proposal on selected project proposals, from the Bid/No bid approval through to submittal of the Bid to the Client. To include negotiations, jointly with the appropriate Manager/Director.
- Completion of Pre-qualification (PQQ) and Request for Information (RFI) requests as part of the client procurement process.
- Development of technical solutions in collaboration with Grundfos product experts and 3rd parties.
- Develop the pre-bid stages of definition, planning, solution development, procurement, construction and handover, including risk assessment.
- Interpretation and clarification, with support from others, on contractual, commercial terms and conditions and required deliverables to comply with the client tender requirements whilst managing risk to Grundfos.
- Ensure the bid is developed within the company bid governance procedures.
- To initiate and direct the planning and development of the Preliminary Project Execution Plan, scope definition, project procedures, budgets, and project schedules supported by the Project Manager.
- To develop and lead the presentation of the Proposal for internal review and approval in line with internal governance requirements.
- To review procurement and supply chain strategy to ensure compatibility with proposal project plans, schedules, and budget.
- Understand and develop EICA proposals and solutions including control philosophy, FDS and solution system architecture
- Development of project cost build up and modelling of whole life cost
- Ability to understand Electrical/ Electronic design drawings, and Form 2 & 4 Panel circuit layouts
- Manage all sub-suppliers and sub-contractors and ensure alignment of service levels with the Grundfos submission
- Support the management with the development of project delivery activities in GB.
- Ensure a high level of awareness to the Grundfos project execution processes
- To develop and maintain team spirit by effective teamwork and management
- Package projects with Grundfos and non-Grundfos products to offer added value to the customer
- Understand the customers’ requirements
- Competent knowledge of product features advantages and benefits, and be able to professionally represent these to the customer
- Handle customer issues if and when these arise.
- Ensure a smooth handover of bids when then have been won and handed to the project delivery team where required
- Participate in ad hoc tasks defined by the line manager
- Engage in suitable project work as required to the benefit of Grundfos
- Periodically it may be required that you visit specific customers for self-development and to develop the account and relationship for Grundfos
- Travel to some sites and contract meetings will be required
Internal / External relationships
- Liaise with internal and external sales at all levels
- Liaise with the customers to ensure we maximise sales and they receive the service levels required
- Liaise with Suppliers and sub-contractors as required
- Liaise with Health & Safety team
- Familiarity with Microsoft IT packages
- Knowledge of SAP CRM / BW, Project Manager
- Ideally qualified to HNC level Mechanical or Electrical qualification
- Working knowledge of water utility treatment processes and systems and ideally EICA LV and HV systems
- Proposals Management experience
- Awareness of Health and Safety requirements associated with products and project delivery
- Working knowledge of ATEX and DSEAR standards & regulations desirable
- A high degree of business acumen
- Confident and articulate with good communication skills
- Customer focus
- Self-starter with a proactive approach and be able to work on own initiative
- An understanding of business practices and ethics
- Operate in accordance with the Grundfos Values
- An ability to work under pressure and meet customer deadlines
- Commitment, drive and enthusiasm above the average
- The ability to work in a demanding and ever-changing environment where meeting time deadlines are a key element of the role
- Well organised in delivering work
Notice for candidates from Russia and Central Asia
If you are a candidate from any of the below mentioned countries wishing to explore employment opportunities with Grundfos, we would like to firstly thank you for your interest, and urge you to visit the job page of your country to apply for specific positions that interest you, rather than create a talent profile in
our system. This is suggested to ensure full compliance with the data privacy
requirements of your country.
Russia, Belarus, Kazakhstan, Uzbekistan, Turkmenistan, Tajikistan, Afghanistan, Kyrgyzstan
Grundfos now has a global recruiting system in place, supporting our ambition to provide a qualitative user experience to all our candidates.
To be updated on all career opportunities that might interest you as a candidate, we ask you to create a Talent Profile and set up a job alert so that you will be notified when a position that matches your criteria is posted. Creating a profile will also enable Grundfos recruiters to search and find your CV for when your education and experience match a role we are actively working to fill.
Thank you for your interest in Grundfos.