What do we offer?
With over 16 million pumps produced each year and over 19,000 employees in more than 56 countries, Grundfos today, is one of the world’s leading manufacturers of pumps and pumping systems. Grundfos’ products satisfy the markets’ needs for effective, reliable and highly efficient solutions.
Currently, Grundfos Gulf Distribution (GGD) is looking for an efficient, skilled, experienced and motivated Assistant Sales Manager to establish Grundfos as a reliable and competent solution provider in the Water Utility market (Government Business) in Pakistan.
Grundfos offers the right candidate excellent career opportunities and challenges. Are you the candidate we are looking for?
What is the job about?
As an Assistant Sales Manager – Water Utility (Government Business) you will be responsible for growing Grundfos’ market share in the Water Utility (WU) segments in Pakistan.
In cooperation with, Marketing and Product Management, you will build a strong Grundfos brand among local WU market stakeholders (Government Institutions and Consultants). Relationship management with customers and business stakeholders is also an important responsibility for this position in order to ensure sustainable sales growth.
You will support the development of GGD yearly sales game plans, marketing plans, tactical and strategic initiatives by providing local market input and intelligence.
Some of the position’s responsibilities are as follows:
- Achieve sales targets by implementing agreed designed strategies and exploiting all business opportunities, thereby increasing the profitable growth of the company. This will be done by a range of sales tools, such as sales presentations, personal sales visits, regular mailing and tele‐sales activities, attending media & promotional activities thereby ensuring maximum exposure in the business market.
- Grow the WU portfolio sales in Pakistan in a sustainable way
- Develop the yearly game plan(s) for the segment
- Manage the big and key medium projects in Pakistan ensuring strong Grundfos negotiation positioning
- Develop and manage WU local partners to support projects and replacement sales
- Ensure full local market’s opportunities knowledge and prioritisation according to potential and risk
- Manage the local Projects Pipeline and ensure a reliable 1-2 years forecast for the top management
- Cooperate with the Product Management team to secure Grundfos penetration in to design specifications
- Prepare proposals for tactical initiatives and plans in order to boost sales, grab opportunities or react to competition moves/activities
- Cooperate with the Service team in order to ensure high end-customers’ satisfaction, sales of maintenance contracts and future business
What do you need to apply?
To be considered for this position you should fulfil the following requirements:
- Must have Graduation Degree from university or similar discipline.
- Have a strong sales record with 6+ years’ experience in engineered products sales
- Have deep understanding of Water Utility markets (Government Departments and Authorities) and customers and is aware of the entire sales cycle and the different stakeholders involved during the process.
- Has working experience in the Government/Public sectors & Development Authorities in Punjab. & Sindh Having working experience in Government/Public sectors & Development Authorities.
- Should have a good relationship and penetration within Authorities/departments/consultants
- Have technical knowledge for Pumps and Pumping Solutions
- Have project management skills and should be a team player and able to collaborate and work in project teams.
- Have good presentation skills
- Be able to communicate effectively with a variety of people from different hierarchical levels and backgrounds
- Be a skilled networker and have influencing capabilities in order to sell Grundfos in all steps of the sales value chain
- Have good listening skills and a high drive for ambitious results
- Have very good skills in Excel, PowerPoint and CRM
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English
This position is based in Lahore, Pakistan.
To learn more about Grundfos, please visit our website at www.grundfos.com
Notice for candidates from Russia and Central Asia
If you are a candidate from any of the below mentioned countries wishing to explore employment opportunities with Grundfos, we would like to firstly thank you for your interest, and urge you to visit the job page of your country to apply for specific positions that interest you, rather than create a talent profile in
our system. This is suggested to ensure full compliance with the data privacy
requirements of your country.
Russia, Belarus, Kazakhstan, Uzbekistan, Turkmenistan, Tajikistan, Afghanistan, Kyrgyzstan
Grundfos now has a global recruiting system in place, supporting our ambition to provide a qualitative user experience to all our candidates.
To be updated on all career opportunities that might interest you as a candidate, we ask you to create a Talent Profile and set up a job alert so that you will be notified when a position that matches your criteria is posted. Creating a profile will also enable Grundfos recruiters to search and find your CV for when your education and experience match a role we are actively working to fill.
Thank you for your interest in Grundfos.