Energy Optimisation Sales Engineer
- Direct reporting line to: Energy Optimisation Sales Manager
CONTENT OF JOB
The principal function of the Energy optimisation salesperson is to secure profitable business for Grundfos Pumps Ltd, in order to achieve or ideally exceed defined sales targets, within the cost budget.
- Play a key role in the promotion of Grundfos Pumps as a reliable and trustworthy partner providing energy efficient solutions. Geographical sales area responsibility across Industry, Building Services and Water Utility, having specific commercial and technical input to support the business and market needs to ensure accelerated growth in GB.
- Work closely with the relevant Directors of Sales, RSM’s and ASM’s to maximise sales based on our energy based sales platform.
- Understand the markets we sell into, and work with energy managers, sustainability managers, facility managers etc, to help deliver the energy efficient solution message to our customer end user base to maximise sales efforts.
- Conduct site surveys of installed pumps on chosen customer sites, use Energy Check and Pump Audit tools to prove potential energy savings, develop customer survey reports and select most efficient solution from Pump Audit data into fully costed customer reports.
- Work closely with Grundfos service engineers responsible for Pump Audit tool installations and data capture.
- Have financial awareness to allow a sales platform to be developed for selling via FD?s / managers
- Promote Grundfos iSolution campaign materials, website, create awareness and drive demand for Grundfos E Products and Controls. Create awareness and understanding of current and future legislative changes regarding pump efficiency.
- Monitor the product sales / KPI’s to ensure we are on track to deliver our budgets, and take corrective actions as required
- Have the skills to negotiate orders primarily Business to Business via distribution partners and a direct end user basis as deemed appropriate, focussing predominantly on Industrial End Users.
- Responsible for all local activities relating to the Customer Relationship Management to meet the business and customer needs, including full maintenance of our CRM package
- Continually improve controls and implement process improvements. Reduce non added value work
- Engage and deliver product knowledge, application, and troubleshooting skills to the customers, as required
- Competitor monitoring and updates on their product releases / upgrades
- To maintain customer relationship, out of hours work / entertaining / travel may be a requirement from time to time
- Engage in suitable project work as required to the benefit of Grundfos.
Mandatory Grundfos duties & responsibilities:
- Participate in ad hoc tasks as defined by your line manager and/or functional manager
- Be an ambassador of the Grundfos Values
- Follow the guidelines and standards in the Grundfos Code of Conduct
To carry out all duties and responsibilities with reasonable care for the health and safety of you and any other persons who may be affected by your acts or omissions at work and to co-operate fully with Grundfos in health and safety matters
- Liaise with internal and external sales colleagues at all levels
- Liaise with members of the GB Management Team and Grundfos Service colleagues
- Build a strong customer relationship to ensure Grundfos are given every opportunity to ensure we maximise sales
- Experience of pump application, installation and operation
- Knowledge of the pumping and associated equipment
- Familiarity with Microsoft and Notes Packages
- Qualifications to a minimum HNC or degree standard
- Must be able to operate at all levels both internally and with customers
- High degree of technical and product knowledge
- Confident and articulate with first class communication and negotiation skills
- Self-starter with a proactive approach and able to work on own initiative
- An understanding of business practices and ethics
- Operate in accordance with the Grundfos Values and code of conduct
- Commitment, drive and enthusiasm above the average
- The ability to work in a demanding and ever changing environment where meeting time deadlines are a key task
- Excellent organisational and prioritising skills
- Ability to identify areas for improvement and methodically drive process improvement
Notice for candidates from Russia and Central Asia
If you are a candidate from any of the below mentioned countries wishing to explore employment opportunities with Grundfos, we would like to firstly thank you for your interest, and urge you to visit the job page of your country to apply for specific positions that interest you, rather than create a talent profile in
our system. This is suggested to ensure full compliance with the data privacy
requirements of your country.
Russia, Belarus, Kazakhstan, Uzbekistan, Turkmenistan, Tajikistan, Afghanistan, Kyrgyzstan
Grundfos now has a global recruiting system in place, supporting our ambition to provide a qualitative user experience to all our candidates.
To be updated on all career opportunities that might interest you as a candidate, we ask you to create a Talent Profile and set up a job alert so that you will be notified when a position that matches your criteria is posted. Creating a profile will also enable Grundfos recruiters to search and find your CV for when your education and experience match a role we are actively working to fill.
Thank you for your interest in Grundfos.