Field Service Manager
- ·Direct reporting line to: Service Manager
Responsible for the day-to-day management of a team of Grundfos Service Engineers. To provide support to Engineers, working closely with the Service office and Management Team, to ensure business targets are realised. Close collaboration with Sales, Water Utilities, and Group Service colleagues is a must.
Content of job
- Conduct annual PDD reviews with staff, Team Meetings and regular 1-2-1 meetings
- Ensure engineers have the right tools and equipment to conduct their day-to-day tasks
- Work with engineers to develop their skills and qualifications in line with business demands
- Manage absences of engineers together with HR and the Service Office, to ensure we maintain the necessary coverage in key geographical areas
- Provide training structure for engineers to develop their competence and skill levels
Mandatory Grundfos duties & responsibilities:
- Participate in ad hoc tasks as defined by your Line Manager and/or functional manager
- Be an ambassador of the Grundfos Values
- Follow the guidelines and standards in the Grundfos Code of Conduct
- To carry out all duties and responsibilities with reasonable care for the health and safety of you and any other persons who may be affected by your acts or omissions at work and to co-operate fully with Grundfos in health and safety matters
- All Managers and Colleagues in Grundfos at a local, regional, global and Group level
- Work with sub-contractors and other service partners in the defined geographical area, to ensure service levels are maintained and all works are executed in line with customer’s expectations
- Work with external training providers and other institutions when it comes to development of engineer’s competences, in line with HR.
- Degree or equivalent level, preferably in an engineering discipline
- At least 10 years’ experience working within a service-based environment
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office
- Knowledge of SAP CRM / BW / CS
- Professional qualifications (e.g. CIM, ACCA, CIPD, CIBSE)
- Working knowledge of pump systems/sector experience
- Confident and articulate with excellent communication skills
- Self-starter with a proactive approach and able to work on own initiative
- Operate in accordance with the Grundfos Values
- Commitment, drive and enthusiasm above the average
- The ability to work in a demanding and ever-changing environment where meeting time deadlines are a key element of the role
- A person who can derive the maximum output from the field of engineers, to meet business objectives and maximise efficiency within the operation.
Want to explore the Grundfos universe further?
Visit us on LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/5195
Notice for candidates from Russia and Central Asia
If you are a candidate from any of the below mentioned countries wishing to explore employment opportunities with Grundfos, we would like to firstly thank you for your interest, and urge you to visit the job page of your country to apply for specific positions that interest you, rather than create a talent profile in
our system. This is suggested to ensure full compliance with the data privacy
requirements of your country.
Russia, Belarus, Kazakhstan, Uzbekistan, Turkmenistan, Tajikistan, Afghanistan, Kyrgyzstan
Grundfos now has a global recruiting system in place, supporting our ambition to provide a qualitative user experience to all our candidates.
To be updated on all career opportunities that might interest you as a candidate, we ask you to create a Talent Profile and set up a job alert so that you will be notified when a position that matches your criteria is posted. Creating a profile will also enable Grundfos recruiters to search and find your CV for when your education and experience match a role we are actively working to fill.
Thank you for your interest in Grundfos.