The Assembler is responsible for all activities required to assemble and conduct a performance test. They are also responsible for creating package units by combining pumps with other components and accessories into pumping systems in conjunction with department goals and objectives.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assemble, disassemble, align, adjust, trouble-shoot, and repair all pumps; Perform operations such as drilling, tapping, fitting, filing, grinding, and adjusting.
- Perform layout work required for complex assembly and test set-ups; Checks components for suitability of use; Move material as required.
- Prepare, assist and/or perform all types of testing; Read, interpret and record test data that meets or exceeds customer requirements.
- Perform manual and electronic record keeping and information retrieval; Provide training and instruction to other employees as required.
- Perform work, promote teamwork and communicate in conjunction with our culture and corporate standards (Safety, Quality, Continuous Improvement, Communication, Internal Controls, etc.).
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Excellent written and communication skills including professionalism and strong attention to detail.
- Proficient using Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint), Lotus Notes, ERP System (SAP preferred), Intranet/Internet Navigation, Labview
- Basic knowledge of pumping products, fluid hydraulics, electric and mechanical connections; able to weld (helpful)
- Able to read and interpret instructions, prints, specification sheets, operation manuals and sheets, charts, tables, etc; Able to use precision measuring instruments, gages and meters.
- Able to be certified and/or trained in the usage of Forklifts, Cranes, Hazardous Materials and Personal Protective Equipment.
- Able to use manual, power driven and/or pneumatic hand tools or equipment.
- Ability to lift up to 40 pounds; Ability to bend, squat, sit, walk, and stand.
- Awareness of Quality (ISO) and Safety business initiatives
Education and Experience:
- High School education or equivalent
- 2 years experience in a previous environment working with repair and diagnostic testing and/or industrial pump installation (preferred)
Grundfos participates in E-verify and is an Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity Employer
Notice for candidates from Russia and Central Asia
If you are a candidate from any of the below mentioned countries wishing to explore employment opportunities with Grundfos, we would like to firstly thank you for your interest, and urge you to visit the job page of your country to apply for specific positions that interest you, rather than create a talent profile in
our system. This is suggested to ensure full compliance with the data privacy
requirements of your country.
Russia, Belarus, Kazakhstan, Uzbekistan, Turkmenistan, Tajikistan, Afghanistan, Kyrgyzstan
Grundfos now has a global recruiting system in place, supporting our ambition to provide a qualitative user experience to all our candidates.
To be updated on all career opportunities that might interest you as a candidate, we ask you to create a Talent Profile and set up a job alert so that you will be notified when a position that matches your criteria is posted. Creating a profile will also enable Grundfos recruiters to search and find your CV for when your education and experience match a role we are actively working to fill.
Thank you for your interest in Grundfos.