Field Service Engineer
Reports to: Regional Team Leader
Overall responsibility: National Service Manager
Location Field Based (London)
Line Manager responsibilities: None
Primary responsibility includes the following. Other duties may be assigned that are consummate with the level of this position:
- Making a decision on the product being covered by Warranty or not.
- Carrying out chargeable and warranty repairs
- Setting up and commissioning of new equipment.
- Fault finding and diagnosis of equipment and pumping systems.
- Liaising with onsite professionals such as control engineers, installers and the client.
- Working with detailed drawings and diagrams.
- Completing accurate and detailed report.
- Completing FAS report accurately.
- Advising customers on necessary maintenance requirements.
- Responsible for maintaining accurate and tidy van stock.
- Responsible for keeping up to date with new product information and notifying team leader of any potential product issues.
- Does not discuss any product issues with customers/clients.
- Knows and understands department procedures and goals.
- Working on a variety of projects within a short period of time.
- Flexible with working hours in order to meet customers’ expectations,
- Comply with standard operational and working practices.
- Responsible for cleanliness of work wear provided.
- Responsible for updating of ETC and ETA via handheld device.
- Responsible for the Environmental, Health and Safety Program as outlined by the GEE Health and Safety Manager and as required by local regulations.
- Interfaces with team leader and back office to ensure customers’ expectations are met.
- Updates back office on completion of Job.
- Prepared to travel throughout the UK, possible overnight stays.
- Authorisation of parts to the value of £100.
Learning on the Fly - Learns quickly when facing new problems; a relentless and versatile learner; open to change; analyses both successes and failures for clues to improvement; experiments and will try anything to find solutions; enjoys the challenge of unfamiliar tasks; quickly grasps the essence and the underlying structure of anything.
Problem Solving - Uses rigorous logic and methods to solve difficult problems with effective solutions; probes all fruitful sources for answers; can see hidden problems; is excellent at honest analysis; looks beyond the obvious and doesn't stop at the first answers.
Planning - Accurately scopes out length and difficulty of tasks and projects; sets objectives and goals; breaks down work into the process steps; develops schedules and task/people assignments; anticipates and adjusts for problems and roadblocks; measures performance against goals; evaluates results.
Written Communication - Is able to write clearly and succinctly in a variety of communication settings and styles; can get messages across that have the desired effect.
Peer Relationships - Can quickly find common ground and solve problems for the good of all; can represent his/her own interests and yet be fair to other groups; can solve problems with peers with a minimum of noise; is seen as a team player and is cooperative; easily gains trust and support of peers; encourages collaboration; can be candid with peers.
Self Development - Is personally committed to and actively works to continuously improve him/herself; understands that different situations and levels may call for different skills and approaches; works to deploy strengths; works on compensating for weakness and limits.
- Customer Service Experience
- Grundfos Pumps and Controls
- Mechanical/Electrical qualifications
- Knowledge/Experience of pumping systems
- Excellent Communication Skills
- Proven Teamwork
- IT Competence
- Customer Service
- Clean Driving Licence
- To carry out all duties and responsibilities with reasonable care for the health and safety of you and any other persons who may be affected by your acts or omissions at work and to co-operate fully with Grundfos Service in health and safety matters.
Want to explore the Grundfos universe further?
Visit us on LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/5195
Notice for candidates from Russia and Central Asia
If you are a candidate from any of the below mentioned countries wishing to explore employment opportunities with Grundfos, we would like to firstly thank you for your interest, and urge you to visit the job page of your country to apply for specific positions that interest you, rather than create a talent profile in
our system. This is suggested to ensure full compliance with the data privacy
requirements of your country.
Russia, Belarus, Kazakhstan, Uzbekistan, Turkmenistan, Tajikistan, Afghanistan, Kyrgyzstan
Grundfos now has a global recruiting system in place, supporting our ambition to provide a qualitative user experience to all our candidates.
To be updated on all career opportunities that might interest you as a candidate, we ask you to create a Talent Profile and set up a job alert so that you will be notified when a position that matches your criteria is posted. Creating a profile will also enable Grundfos recruiters to search and find your CV for when your education and experience match a role we are actively working to fill.
Thank you for your interest in Grundfos.