This role requires complete set-up including advanced editing, programming and operation of computer numerically controlled (CNC) machines including vertical, horizontal and multi-axis machining centers, manual machines, lathes and mills.
- Complete setup including programming (Fanuc Controls or G Code preferred), editing, operation and preventative maintenance on CNC milling centers, CNC lathes and/or CNC mills.
- Perform off-sets, fixturing and recognize signs of tool wear and poor finish and make adjustments to correct.
- Follow all safety and quality procedures and standards and participate in efforts to improve processes, product flow and work standards
- Complete required paperwork (manual and electronic) in a timely and accurate manner
- Maintain safety and cleanliness of equipment and work area
- Perform work, promote teamwork and communicate in conjunction with our culture and corporate standards (Safety/Environmental, Quality, Continuous Improvement, Communication, Internal Controls, etc.).
- Inspect parts for conformance to prints and specifications.
- Performs manual and electronic record keeping and information retrieval functions.
- Perform secondary operations such as deburring, chip removal, bushing installation, drilling, and tapping.
Required Experience & Education:
High School Diploma or GED and additional Tech training preferred. 2-4 years manual machining (including but not limited to mills, drills and grinders) experience preferred. 1-3 years’ experience with CNC programming, operation and setup with various controls including Fanuc Controls, Mazatrol Controls and Allen/Bradley Controls on CNC milling centers, CNC lathes and/or CNC mills preferred.
- Advanced knowledge of blueprint reading, shop math (decimals, fractions, geometry, trigonometry, etc.) and GD&T, Manufacturing Principles (Safety, Quality, Lean, Process Flow, etc.)
- Able to read and interpret drawings, specifications, setup sheets, etc.; use precision measuring instruments (calipers, mics, etc.), gages, manual and powered hand tools.
- Able to use various types of manual machines (presses, balancers, straighteners, cut off saw)
- Basic computer skills in SAP and Microsoft Office
- Experience using cranes, hoist, screw jacks, hydraulic jacks
- Ability to lift up to 40 pounds, Ability to bend, squat, sit, walk, and stand for at least 8 hours a day
- Experience using G & M codes to edit and interpret programs
- Demonstrated strong work ethic (including attendance), strong organizational skills and strong communication skills (written and oral).
- Experience doing precision machining using manual machines such as threading, boring and grooving preferred.
Notice for candidates from Russia and Central Asia
If you are a candidate from any of the below mentioned countries wishing to explore employment opportunities with Grundfos, we would like to firstly thank you for your interest, and urge you to visit the job page of your country to apply for specific positions that interest you, rather than create a talent profile in
our system. This is suggested to ensure full compliance with the data privacy
requirements of your country.
Russia, Belarus, Kazakhstan, Uzbekistan, Turkmenistan, Tajikistan, Afghanistan, Kyrgyzstan
Grundfos now has a global recruiting system in place, supporting our ambition to provide a qualitative user experience to all our candidates.
To be updated on all career opportunities that might interest you as a candidate, we ask you to create a Talent Profile and set up a job alert so that you will be notified when a position that matches your criteria is posted. Creating a profile will also enable Grundfos recruiters to search and find your CV for when your education and experience match a role we are actively working to fill.
Thank you for your interest in Grundfos.