Area Sales Manager- Water Utilities
Who are Grundfos Pumps?
Grundfos Pumps Ltd are a UK leader in the supply and service of pumps and pump systes for domestic and commerical building services, and process industry applications, as well as being a major supplier to the water supply and treatment industries. We are part of the Grundfos Group that employ 19,000 people in sales and production roles in 80 companies worldwide.
A position has arisen for an Area Sales Manager (ASM) to cover a client base consisting of local water businesses, Tier 1/2 Contractors and Consultants.
The principal function of the ASM role is to secure profitable business for Grundfos and achieve or ideally exceed defined sales targets, within the cost budget.
Reports to: Regional Business Manager – Water Utility
Overall responsibility: Water Utilities Director Grundfos GB and GPI
Content of job
The primary focus area for an ASM would be in the realms of targeting the Capital Delivery Units of the Water Business and their Tier 1 Contractors and Consultants whilst also targeting the operations and maintenance departments of the water businesses directly, along with targeting of Tier 2 contractors and suppliers.
The role consists of the following elements and activities:
- Play a key role in the Water Utility sales team, having specific commercial and technical input to support the business and market needs to ensure accelerated growth in the UK.
- Maximise sales for the given business area focusing on medium and long-term growth aspirations.
- Have the skills to negotiate orders primarily direct with the client business and via the Tier 1/2 contract partners.
- Play a key role in identifying pumps & equipment for replacement.
- Liaise with the Grundfos Distribution Centre to manage stock to support the Grundfos strategy and client needs.
- Undertake site visits to identify problems and work with customer to create value added solutions & business opportunities.
- Be responsible for all local activities relating to the Customer Relationship Management to meet business and customer needs, including full maintenance of SAP CRM package.
- Have an understanding of the water utility markets we sell into, and work with Grundfos engineers and customer base to maximise our sales efforts and opportunities.
- Monitor the sales of product types / KPI’s to ensure Grundfos are on track to deliver our commercial targets, and take corrective actions as required.
- Engage and deliver product knowledge, application, and troubleshooting skills to the customers as required.
- Maintain framework mechanisms used across the water utility business.
- Undertake continued competitor monitoring and updates on their product releases / upgrades.
- Maintain strong customer relationships, out of hours work / entertaining / travel within and outside the geographical area is anticipated.
- Develop and implement a long-term strategy to improve Grundfos position within the EA and drainage board organisations.
- Participate in ad hoc tasks & projects as defined by the line manager.
- Engage in suitable project work as required to the benefit of Grundfos.
Internal / External relationships
- Liaising with internal and external sales colleagues at all levels.
- Liaising with members of the Grundfos Water Utility Management Team.
- Liaising with members of the wider Grundfos GB team.
- Used to building strong customer relationships to ensure Grundfos are given every opportunity to ensure we maximise sales in the short, medium and long-terms.
- Educated to a high academic level is preferred, however technical experience and past sales achievements will be considered.
- Experience in the Water Utility industry in sales environment or from an engineering & operations background.
- Experience of the regulated water sector.
- Technical Knowledge of the business area for which you will be responsible.
- Familiarity with popular Microsoft packages and SAP operating platforms.
- Knowledge of end-to-end pumping processes and associated pumping equipment.
- Must be able to operate at all levels both internally and with customers alike.
- Operational site awareness and pump technical knowledge required.
- Confident and articulate with first class communication and negotiation skills.
- The ability to take the lead, but also listen to colleagues & clients alike.
- The ability to engage with internal & external interfaces at all levels.
- Self-starter with a proactive approach and able to work on own initiative.
- An understanding of business practices and ethics.
- Operate in accordance with the Grundfos Values.
- Commitment, drive and enthusiasm to succeed.
- The ability to work in a demanding and ever changing environment where time deadlines are a key task.
- Excellent organisational and prioritising skills.
- Ability to identify areas for improvement and methodically drive process improvement.
- Ability to bring new ideas to the table and a strategic focused mind-set.
We look forward to hearing from you
Want to explore the Grundfos universe further?
Visit us on LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/5195
Notice for candidates from Russia and Central Asia
If you are a candidate from any of the below mentioned countries wishing to explore employment opportunities with Grundfos, we would like to firstly thank you for your interest, and urge you to visit the job page of your country to apply for specific positions that interest you, rather than create a talent profile in
our system. This is suggested to ensure full compliance with the data privacy
requirements of your country.
Russia, Belarus, Kazakhstan, Uzbekistan, Turkmenistan, Tajikistan, Afghanistan, Kyrgyzstan
Grundfos now has a global recruiting system in place, supporting our ambition to provide a qualitative user experience to all our candidates.
To be updated on all career opportunities that might interest you as a candidate, we ask you to create a Talent Profile and set up a job alert so that you will be notified when a position that matches your criteria is posted. Creating a profile will also enable Grundfos recruiters to search and find your CV for when your education and experience match a role we are actively working to fill.
Thank you for your interest in Grundfos.