The machine operator is responsible for the setup and operation of various types of manual machines and equipment (involving but not limited to saws, broaches, washers and shaft straighteners) in accordance with departmental goals and objectives.
- Perform all operations within the capability of the machine(s) being operated; Removes metal or add weight to achieve specified balance.
- Perform secondary operations such as deburring, chip removal, bushing installation, drilling, and tapping.
- Mounts, balances, and dresses grinding wheels; Calibrate balancer controls.
- Performs manual and electronic record keeping and information retrieval functions.
- Perform work, promote teamwork and communicate in conjunction with our culture and corporate standards (Safety/Environmental, Quality, Continuous Improvement, Communication, Internal Controls, etc.).
- Inspect parts for conformance to prints and specifications.
Required Education & Experience:
High School Diploma or GED and 1+ years’ experience in a manufacturing environment preferred
- Able to use various types of manual machines (presses, balancers, straighteners, cut off saw)
- Basic knowledge of blueprint reading, manufacturing principles (Safety, Quality, Lean, Process Flow, etc.)
- Experience using cranes, hoist, screw jacks, hydraulic jacks
- Basic computer skills in SAP and Microsoft Office
- Ability to lift up to 40 pounds, Ability to bend, squat, sit, walk, and stand for at least 8 hours a day
- Ability to use basic shop math (decimals, fractions, etc.)
- Demonstrated strong work ethic (including attendance), strong organizational skills and strong communication skills (written and oral).
Notice for candidates from Russia and Central Asia
If you are a candidate from any of the below mentioned countries wishing to explore employment opportunities with Grundfos, we would like to firstly thank you for your interest, and urge you to visit the job page of your country to apply for specific positions that interest you, rather than create a talent profile in
our system. This is suggested to ensure full compliance with the data privacy
requirements of your country.
Russia, Belarus, Kazakhstan, Uzbekistan, Turkmenistan, Tajikistan, Afghanistan, Kyrgyzstan
Grundfos now has a global recruiting system in place, supporting our ambition to provide a qualitative user experience to all our candidates.
To be updated on all career opportunities that might interest you as a candidate, we ask you to create a Talent Profile and set up a job alert so that you will be notified when a position that matches your criteria is posted. Creating a profile will also enable Grundfos recruiters to search and find your CV for when your education and experience match a role we are actively working to fill.
Thank you for your interest in Grundfos.