The Service Sales Operations Manager manages operational functions essential to service sales productivity. These include planning, reporting, analytics, sales process design, process optimization, service sales training, service sales program implementation and service sales administration. The Service Sales Operations Manager will work to in the future to manage a team of dedicated Service Sales Associates who are focused on existing customer service, equipment and parts sales. The Service Sales Operations Manager will work closely with internal and external stakeholders to ensure the appropriate objectives and priorities are set and enabled within the service organization. This role requires a strong leader who is extremely well organized, analytical, detail-oriented and quality-minded.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Set daily/weekly/monthly sales activity objectives for Service Sales Managers / Engineers and holds team accountable for achievement.
- Coach Service Sales Associates on selling techniques and internal resources or tools; makes necessary training available.
- Engage directly with customers as needed in selling process.
- Direct sales forecasting, planning, and budgeting processes used within the service organization.
- Proactively monitor and strive to maintain high levels of quality, accuracy, and process consistency in the service organization’s planning efforts.
- Direct the support of service sales specialists, implementation resources, service resources, and other sales and management resources as needed, coordinating with the appropriate management-level supervisors.
- Foster close, cooperative relationships with peer leaders, sales management, and service sales and support personnel; builds peer support and strong internal-company relationships with other key management personnel.
- As needed, coordinates planning activities with other functions and stakeholders within the organization.
- Works to ensure all service sales organization objectives are completed in a timely fashion.
- Facilitate an organization of continuous process improvement by proactively identifying opportunities for service sales process improvement including working with service management to understand process bottlenecks and inconsistencies.
- Monitor the accuracy and efficient distribution of service sales reports and other intelligence essential to the sales organization; recommends revisions to existing reports or assists in the development of new reporting tools as needed.
- Implementsenabling technologies, including Entytle.
- Monitor the assigned service sales organization’s compliance with required standards for maintaining CRM data.
- Work closely with service management to optimize the effectiveness of the company’s technology investments.
- Coordinate training delivery to sales, sales management, and sales support personnel in the service organization supported.
- Provide input to senior leadership in the development and administration of sales incentive compensation programs.
- Work with Accounting, Finance, and Human Resources, provides assistance with sales incentive compensation administration on an as-needed basis, or when required to arbitrate or clarify the application of sales compensation program policies and procedures.
- Direct and supports the consistent implementation of company initiatives.
- Develop key performance metrics and dashboards that help the sales organization focus on performance drivers
- Work with available data to optimize customer/account targeting
- Measure sales force productivity and ensures effective implementation of established strategies and tactics
- Ensure effective analysis of sales force trends and performance to identify greater efficiencies
- Ensure adherence to established departmental budgetary parameters
- Develop an environment that ensures all service sales teams are aligned to company goals, objectives, and corporate values
- Develop and implement comprehensive pipeline reporting tools tracking opportunities from lead generation to revenue realization, account development and retention
- Administer, manage, and report on revenue forecasting and automation/forecasting tools
Four year college degree in Engineering, Technology, or Business.
- 5 years sales or sales management experience in a business-to-business sales environment.
- Demonstrated proficiency managing analytically rigorous initiatives.
- Demonstrated ability to define, refine and implement sales processes, procedures and policies.
- Ability to conduct sophisticated and creative analysis of complex data and translate the results into actionable deliverables, messages, and presentations.
- Experience managing personnel and contributing toward the development of department strategy.
- Strong problem solving and collaboration skills
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- The candidate must be capable of a strategic visions and planning capabilities.
- Proven customer service experience and being a strong technical communicator.
- Responsible for staying updated on IT tools and new measurement equipment, control units, electronic features and facts etc., working knowledge of computers and PC software, Microsoft Office.
- Flexible with working hours to meet customer’s expectations.
- Contribute to our profile as a solution provider in pump systems and solutions.
- Customer focused with high level of integrity.
- Must possess the ability to make decisions and sound judgment.
- Highly organized and focused on meeting goals and objectives, manage multiple priorities, and capable of working independently with a high degree of accuracy.
- Excellent interpersonal and communications skills.
- Must have the competencies to adapt and succeed in a changing environment.
- Problem solving capabilities and demonstrate integrity.
- High level of energy, proactive and result driven self-disciplined behavior.
- Demonstrated knowledge of the principles of logistics and supply chain management.
- Ability to plan, prioritize and organize work flow under the pressures of deadlines.
- Ability to work effectively independently and in a team environment and with a sense of urgency.
- Ability to demonstrate consistent technical accuracy and analytic skills.
- Ability to interact respectfully, effectively and professionally with customers and co-workers.
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft applications including Word, Excel and SAP and an aptitude for learning and applying new systems and programs.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in the English language using the telephone and in person.
- Ability to travel at least 40% within North America
The incumbent is in a seated position for prolonged periods of time with occasional twisting to reach equipment on desk, performs simple grasping, communicates with sufficient acuity to perform all aspects of the job, and occasionally lifts product or other material up to 50 lbs.
The duties of this position are performed partly in an office environment requiring sitting at a desk or in meetings for long periods of time, with part time on-site at customer locations.
This position requires the incumbent to staying current with the latest advancements related to the field and participate in skills upgrading. Ability to travel at least 40% within the North American
Notice for candidates from Russia and Central Asia
If you are a candidate from any of the below mentioned countries wishing to explore employment opportunities with Grundfos, we would like to firstly thank you for your interest, and urge you to visit the job page of your country to apply for specific positions that interest you, rather than create a talent profile in
our system. This is suggested to ensure full compliance with the data privacy
requirements of your country.
Russia, Belarus, Kazakhstan, Uzbekistan, Turkmenistan, Tajikistan, Afghanistan, Kyrgyzstan
Grundfos now has a global recruiting system in place, supporting our ambition to provide a qualitative user experience to all our candidates.
To be updated on all career opportunities that might interest you as a candidate, we ask you to create a Talent Profile and set up a job alert so that you will be notified when a position that matches your criteria is posted. Creating a profile will also enable Grundfos recruiters to search and find your CV for when your education and experience match a role we are actively working to fill.
Thank you for your interest in Grundfos.