This position is in the US Tech Center with office in Brookshire, Texas. The Tech Center supports the US region with detailed design, technology and product platform support for existing and new product development.
The Tech Center is a part of Grundfos’ global product development organization and this position will work closely together with peers in the US, Europe and China.
This job focuses on design, development and PLM of all aspects of electrical control systems and electronics equipment, as needed in Grundfos products, within the US region.
You will be working with PLC based hardware and software, motor controller systems (VFDs), connectivity components (modems, gateways etc.), responsible for the design, implementation, integration and improvement activities relating to test facilities for electrical equipment, instrumentation, and data acquisition system as well as providing troubleshooting solutions to Field Service in case of electrical problems with products.
You will be working closely with highly skilled designers in US Engineering and our production organization securing reliable and robust design techniques to develop the overall best product. In this position, the engineer will exercise the use of state-of-Art tools to design, verify and optimize control schemes, functionality and performances.
Grundfos solutions typically have focus on energy efficiency used for application in drinking water wells, boosting of water supply and circulation of water in industry and buildings.
- Performs Tech Center assignments that requires specialist level knowledge of electrical engineering theory, concepts and experience. Examples can be: Closed loop control design, system performance analysis, motor-to-controller interaction and setup, Modbus communication, gateway and TCP/IP setups and PLC programming.
- Provides specialist knowledge to Test Lab, to resolve electrical test problems in timely manner.
- Supports Field Service on electrical issues, new project proposals and project negotiations.
- Upon request make specialist recommendations to Marketing, Engineering and Field Service, regarding feasibility and advisability of product modifications as well as writing up of technical engineering specifications.
- Help QA and assembly to identify unacceptable electrical parts pro-actively in order to reduce test failures. Will propose and implement good practices in Engineering and Assembly to improve product test pass rate.
- Duties and responsibilities may be added, deleted, or changed at any time at the discretion of management, formally or informally, either verbally or in writing.
- Education: B.Sc. or M.Sc. in Electrical Engineering and 5-10 years of relevant professional business experience
- Must have practical experience with:
- Systems Engineering, including control scheme architecture, optimization, interfacing, modelling, integration, deployment) for e.g. HVAC systems
- Bus communication systems (e.g. GENI, Modbus RTU, Modbus TCP/IP, BACnet, PROFINET, Profibus, LON etc.), protocols and hardware (including wireless technologies)
- Knowledge of this will be advantageous:
- MS Visual Studio, Python, C++ and Matlab/Labview programming
- Scada system integration
- Design systems to meet EMI requirements
- Azure based IoT. solutions
- Specification and implementation of Async/PM motor controller (VFD) systems, control and power side.
- English - verbal and written – well versed, capable of functioning in an English-only speaking environment as well as communicating with less English-proficient global peers
- Experience in working to reliability and robustness standards
- Certification to INCOSE an advantage
- Experience with project planning methods and tools
- Able to travel domestic and internationally and have a passport
- Possess a valid driver’s license
- Be able to work in an office as well as manufacturing environments, where sitting still, standing as well as lifting up to 50lbs, may be required.
- Able to work outside normal office hours, as may be required in relation to travel or collaboration with global peers (such as early morning or late evening Skype meetings).
- Within the scope of this Job Description, adhere to the Company’s ISO Quality Program, Company Policy and Safety / Environmental Regulations.
- Interpersonal / Cooperative skills - working together with direct colleagues and other parts of the global organization.
- Structured and conscientious - ensuring high-quality and timely deliverables.
- Able to keep a level head when working on multiple tasks concurrently.
- Able to deal with ambiguity and work under time pressure.
- Able to work in a team or individually, with other departments in Grundfos, in a team focused non-blaming culture.
Notice for candidates from Russia and Central Asia
If you are a candidate from any of the below mentioned countries wishing to explore employment opportunities with Grundfos, we would like to firstly thank you for your interest, and urge you to visit the job page of your country to apply for specific positions that interest you, rather than create a talent profile in
our system. This is suggested to ensure full compliance with the data privacy
requirements of your country.
Russia, Belarus, Kazakhstan, Uzbekistan, Turkmenistan, Tajikistan, Afghanistan, Kyrgyzstan
Grundfos now has a global recruiting system in place, supporting our ambition to provide a qualitative user experience to all our candidates.
To be updated on all career opportunities that might interest you as a candidate, we ask you to create a Talent Profile and set up a job alert so that you will be notified when a position that matches your criteria is posted. Creating a profile will also enable Grundfos recruiters to search and find your CV for when your education and experience match a role we are actively working to fill.
Thank you for your interest in Grundfos.