This position is in the US Tech Center in Brookshire, Texas. The Tech Center supports the US region with detailed design and product platform support for existing and new product development.
The Tech Center is a part of Grundfos’ global Product Development and Program Engineering organization and this position will be working closely together with peers in predominantly the US and Europe.
You will formally report the Head of Groundwater Program Engineering who sets directions and priorities. Day-to-day activities are coordinated with the US Tech Center management team.
Grundfos products typically have focus on energy efficiency used for applications in drinking water wells, boosting of water supply and circulation of water in both industry and buildings, commercial and domestic.
This position focuses on groundwater submersible motors, by monitoring and ensuring product technical compliance, product quality, cost-reduction and ability to produce the products.
The Senior Engineer will be working closely together with the Product Technical Manager (PTM) and design engineers from global development functions, support functions and our production organization.
Typical tasks are coordination of tasks between Manufacturing, Quality and Engineering functions. Root cause analysis of failures, drawing updates and SAP data management.
You will be part of the Product Line Management Team for groundwater submersible motors.
This position will not have any direct reports.
1. Identify and drive technical updates and improvements to the product lines.
2. Have the technical ownership of the specific product line.
3. Drive execution of the prioritized technical activities within the Product Lifecycle Management team for the given product line.
4. Drive technical quality improvements, cost-reduction and legal adherence activities on the product line.
5. Specify, plan, follow-up, analyze and conclude on tests. In special cases conduct tests and laboratory tasks (incl. 3rd party tests).
6. Ensure timely information and coordination with the manufacturing facility of the product line.
7. Ensure a stable technical quality level of the product line.
8. Performs Product Audits in manufacturing units handling the given product line to ensure correct use of product specification (drawing, instructions etc.).
9. Conduct analysis in connection to product changes/updates
10. When necessary connect specialists from the global organization in developing solutions.
11. Prepare documentation in compliance with legislation, Grundfos processes, Standards and Grundfos practice.
12. Ensure timely transfer of information and coordination with support functions for successful implementation of changes to the product line.
13. Ensure involvement of specialists from other areas of our organization
14. Upon request make recommendations to Marketing, Engineering and Field Service, regarding feasibility and advisability of product modifications as well as writing up of technical engineering specifications.
15. Help Quality and Assembly to create methodologies helping them identify unacceptable parts in order to reduce test failures. Will propose and implement good practices in Engineering and Assembly to improve product test pass rate.
16. Duties and responsibilities may be added, deleted, or changed at any time at the discretion of management, formally or informally, either verbally or in writing.
1. Education: B.Sc. or M.Sc. in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering and minimum 5 years of relevant professional pump business experience
2. Significant experience expected in:
a. Submersible motor design and manufacturing
b. Product Development methods and practices
3. Knowledge expected in:
a. Quality control system ISO9000
b. Experience with tools such as Failure Mode Effect Analysis (FMEA), root cause analysis and similar.
c. Submersible motor applications and testing
d. Technical leadership
e. CAD system user level
f. ERP system user level (SAP)
4. English - verbal and written – well versed, capable of functioning in multi-cultural company, in an English-only speaking environment as well as communicating with less English-proficient global peers
5. Experience in working to reliability and robustness standards
6. Understanding of project planning methods and tools
7. Able to travel domestic and internationally and have a passport. Travel may exceed 50 days per year (working days and weekends).
8. Possess a valid driver’s license
9. Be able to work in office as well as manufacturing environments, where sitting still, standing as well as lifting of up to 50lbs, may be required.
10. Able to work outside normal office hours, as may be required in relation to travel or collaborations with global peers (such as early morning or late evening Skype meetings) or otherwise as needed to fulfil the duties of this position.
11. Within the scope of this Job Description, adhere to the Company’s ISO Quality Program, Company Policy and Safety / Environmental Regulations.
1. Interpersonal / Cooperative skills - working together with direct colleagues and other parts of the global organization.
2. Structured and conscientious - ensuring high-quality and timely deliverables.
3. Experience in job relevant tools (3D CAD, preferably Catia/Enovia, SAP or other ERP, GPC, master data, quality, etc.)
4. Able to take responsibility and drive tasks from A to Z to meet the deadline (task manager type)
5. Able to deal with ambiguity and work under time pressure.
6. Able to lead/support stakeholders by asserting skills of delegating, coordinating and communicating to ensure the best performance on the product line
7. Able to work in a team or individually, with other departments in Grundfos, in a team focused non-blaming culture.
Notice for candidates from Russia and Central Asia
If you are a candidate from any of the below mentioned countries wishing to explore employment opportunities with Grundfos, we would like to firstly thank you for your interest, and urge you to visit the job page of your country to apply for specific positions that interest you, rather than create a talent profile in
our system. This is suggested to ensure full compliance with the data privacy
requirements of your country.
Russia, Belarus, Kazakhstan, Uzbekistan, Turkmenistan, Tajikistan, Afghanistan, Kyrgyzstan
Grundfos now has a global recruiting system in place, supporting our ambition to provide a qualitative user experience to all our candidates.
To be updated on all career opportunities that might interest you as a candidate, we ask you to create a Talent Profile and set up a job alert so that you will be notified when a position that matches your criteria is posted. Creating a profile will also enable Grundfos recruiters to search and find your CV for when your education and experience match a role we are actively working to fill.
Thank you for your interest in Grundfos.