Are you passionate about materials science and polymers and motivated by contributing to solving the world’s water and climate challenges?
In this position, you get to apply your deep knowledge within polymers to make a significant contribution to our circular and sustainability agenda as you develop new technologies for our pump solutions.
As a materials specialist, you will join approx. 20 colleagues in our Mechanics & Materials department, which is part of the Core Technology organization in Bjerringbro, Denmark. You will work in a highly specialised R&D setting, which includes cutting-edge R&D facilities and a materials laboratory with the newest technology at your disposal. You get to work with experienced specialists, including two other polymer specialists, and collaborate with experts from universities and research institutes around the world.
“Working as a materials specialist, you get to develop new technologies and solve a wide range of complex issues together with colleagues across Grundfos. At the same time, you are part of an innovative technology organization where we encourage employee-driven initiatives,” says Head of Mechanics & Materials Jakob Vernersen, whom you will refer to.
Help us remain at the forefront of polymer material development
Your main task will be to participate in core technology projects as a materials specialist, scouting for new opportunities within materials and bringing these into play to develop new technologies and capabilities within the area of polymer materials. We have a strong focus on technologies that help advance Grundfos’ strategic sustainability agenda, and you will be involved in matters such as the qualification of bioplastics and recycled/reused materials as well as evaluating and testing chemical resistance and lifetime prediction of materials.
Alongside your projects, you will also be our go-to consulting specialist for advanced technical support within polymer-related issues across the organization. Such tasks can range from recommendations on material selection over root cause analysis to supplier assessment and suggested qualification tests.
Taking on these two roles, you:
- Scout for and qualify new material technologies and demonstrate their application
- Specify and analyse laboratory tests and functionally supervise technical personnel
- Participate in international external collaborations with e.g. suppliers and universities
- Identify, develop and maintain leading tools and knowledge databases, e.g. chemical resistance lists, physical properties, mechanical data and similar
- Provide technical support to the entire global value chain, including root cause analysis and application specific advisory to e.g. product development and engineering
Specialised in polymers with R&D experience
We imagine that you:
- Hold a BSc, an MSc or a PhD in polymer chemistry or engineering (e.g. chemical engineering) and are specialised in the interplay between materials’ chemical and physical properties as well as between polymeric materials and the environment
- Have at least 2+ years of work experience depending on your degree level – preferably more
- Can apply knowledge of engineering and mass transfer models that describe the transport of water in polymers and the effect of water on polymer properties
- Can demonstrate competencies in surface engineering, chemistry, coatings, adhesives, etc. as well as within materials testing – including standards, statistics and long-term properties of polymers
- Have a proven track record of bringing solutions into products in a corporate R&D environment
- Speak and write English fluently
If you have knowledge of elastomers and experience from production processes and manufacturing, it is a plus.
“We expect you to be able to communicate your in-depth knowledge to colleagues with other backgrounds and specialisations than you – and that you are used to handling multiple projects and tasks concurrently,” Jakob ends.
If you have questions or want to know more about the position, please contact Head of Mechanics & Materials Jakob Vernersen on +45 24 85 68 72.
If this job sounds appealing to you, please send your resume and cover letter today by clicking on “Apply”.
The recruitment will continue throughout the summer and we expect to conduct first-round interviews on the 15th of August and second-round interviews on the 22nd or 23rd of August.
We look forward to hearing from you.
Notice for candidates from Russia and Central Asia
If you are a candidate from any of the below mentioned countries wishing to explore employment opportunities with Grundfos, we would like to firstly thank you for your interest, and urge you to visit the job page of your country to apply for specific positions that interest you, rather than create a talent profile in
our system. This is suggested to ensure full compliance with the data privacy
requirements of your country.
Russia, Belarus, Kazakhstan, Uzbekistan, Turkmenistan, Tajikistan, Afghanistan, Kyrgyzstan
Grundfos now has a global recruiting system in place, supporting our ambition to provide a qualitative user experience to all our candidates.
To be updated on all career opportunities that might interest you as a candidate, we ask you to create a Talent Profile and set up a job alert so that you will be notified when a position that matches your criteria is posted. Creating a profile will also enable Grundfos recruiters to search and find your CV for when your education and experience match a role we are actively working to fill.
Thank you for your interest in Grundfos.