Do you love working on virtual simulations and 3D design, within our digital journey? Would you like a job that gives you the best of both worlds? Based on theoretical data and virtual simulation, you will be able to see results quickly and play an important role in enhancing the performance of our innovative pumps, which make a difference to people around the world.
Based in our Sub-Component-Hydraulics department, you will join 5 engineers and technicians who have a global responsibility within our core technologies: Innovation and exploitation of new technologies; developing and managing the manufacturing base and core technologies; and ensuring integration and improvements of products. You refer to Department Head Peter Thomsen Høgh.
”Our team work is based on feedback and helping each other. There will be one other colleague working in the same field as you, who will be ready to teach you everything you need to know to be successful in the job. Collaboration is also very important to us as we work not just within our team, but also across the whole organization globally,” Peter explains.
Rather than producing practical prototypes, we now want to carry out virtual simulations in Grundfos – to find the right solution right away. New solution concepts can be tested and the functionality of these can be verified before purchasing and manufacturing of components. This allows us to carry out virtual testing loops and gives us more scope to test new ideas, and it can be done early in the project without major economic costs.
You will be responsible for reducing lead-time by securing a robust design on new and existing production equipment. You do so using simulation and by developing processes in tool concepts and integration with periphery equipment, including welding principles.
Your main tasks will therefore include:
- Cooperating across the organization to achieve the best results within time, cost, and quality, where you maintain an overview of the different processes, so that we can make the right decisions together.
- Applying simulations virtually, from the product simulation to equipment, and further to the production line/machine.
- Working on the entire virtual production concept from 3D product to the final part assembly of components in our production area.
- Ensuring knowledge sharing in our organization through internal and external networks
Most important to us is your interest within this specific area – and your wish to work on both virtual simulations and 3D CAD construction. If you have experience these areas, that is a big plus. Moreover, we imagine that you:
- Are a Mechanical Engineer (Manufacturing Engineering) or hold an MSc. in Engineering in Technology Based Business Development or International Technology Management
- Have experience with finite element analysis, topology optimisation and robust design
- Have experience with 3D CAD modelling (We use Catia V5) - preferably within welding
- Have experience in simulation of production equipment in Catia and/or LS-Dyna
- Speak and write English fluently.
“On a personal level, you are outgoing and thrive collaborating with colleagues. Also, you do not mind being a bit of a nerd when it comes to analysing simulation and welding of components to figure out which processes will bring us success. With your analytical mind-set, you have to stay updated on developments to know which components to produce and how,” Peter finishes.
If you have questions or want to know more about the position, please contact Department Head Peter Thomsen Høgh on +45 87 50 44 21.
If this job sounds appealing to you, please send your resume and cover letter today and no later than 02 August 2019 by clicking on “Apply”. We expect interviews to be held on Week 28 2019.
We look forward to hearing from you.
Notice for candidates from Russia and Central Asia
If you are a candidate from any of the below mentioned countries wishing to explore employment opportunities with Grundfos, we would like to firstly thank you for your interest, and urge you to visit the job page of your country to apply for specific positions that interest you, rather than create a talent profile in
our system. This is suggested to ensure full compliance with the data privacy
requirements of your country.
Russia, Belarus, Kazakhstan, Uzbekistan, Turkmenistan, Tajikistan, Afghanistan, Kyrgyzstan
Grundfos now has a global recruiting system in place, supporting our ambition to provide a qualitative user experience to all our candidates.
To be updated on all career opportunities that might interest you as a candidate, we ask you to create a Talent Profile and set up a job alert so that you will be notified when a position that matches your criteria is posted. Creating a profile will also enable Grundfos recruiters to search and find your CV for when your education and experience match a role we are actively working to fill.
Thank you for your interest in Grundfos.