Job family: Leadership
Job cluster: Leadership - Commercial
Job role: Supervisor- External Sales
Band level: 08
Responsible for the performance of a department or a team through task guidance, direction setting and motivation of the workforce.
Mandates customer visits, face time activities.
- Develop plans to maintain an efficient, productive and harmonious work environment.
- Select, lead and guide employees to ensure that the team achieves the business objectives.
- Select the right people and keep them trained and motivated to add value for the Grundfos customers.
- Secure the right mix of talent.
- Follow the established sales strategy and carry out the qualitative and quantitative tasks in respect of policies and authorities.
- Develop sales channels and prospects by finding new projects and clients.
- Be in charge of the dealer daily business and maintain good relationships with dealers, design institutes, consulting firms and authorities.
- Participate in market analyses referring to the assigned market.
- Prepare offers making sure of the customer’s solvency and ensure an appropriate follow-up.
- Participate in customer meetings, arrangements, seminars, exhibitions etc..
- Maintain serious and good relations with customers, authorities, relevant bodies and distribution channels.
- Be involved in dealing with customer complaints of products and how they work.
- Maintain a customer data file containing visiting dates, arrangements agreed on, particulars about customers, relevant figures, quotations and sales turnover etc..
- Search for new possibilities and prospects for increasing sales.
- Supervise the distributor networks set-up and development in accordance with company strategy in the specific area.
- Provide advice and new ideas for applications to the customers on their product performance, new products, product modifications, system solutions, terms of sales, service concept etc.
- Ensure that product services live up to company/Group standards.
- Search for information on customers’ and competitors’ lines of conduct and market trends and consider possible actions in cooperation with the management.
- Provide sales reports on time.
- Prepare the team’s annual expense budget. - Have regular performance coaching meetings with team members to ensure that we have the desired behavior in developing customers & sales
- Drive Facetime (activities with customers) and Pipeline Management (ensuring opportunities for future sales) within their teams, including follow-up on activities and opportunities in the global CRM tool.
- Ensure that the customer categorization and prioritization reflects the sales strategy of the company
Work focus: Deliver results through others and enable team productivity and individual productivity. Build effective and successful team(s). Create collaboration across relevant functional areas.
Time application: Annual planning for team and performance management.
Work value: Value managerial work and develop continuously managerial skills.
Industry, market and business environment
- Experience leading processes preferably within Project Sales of Building Service segment, Project Sales of Water Utility Segment, Sales of Industry segment or Sales of DE Segment
- Experience working on a team developing and/or leading strategies within a business environment.
- Experience leading a team and/or a business process within sales.
- Most likely to have 5-6 years of relevant work experience before entering level.
Technical, functional and professional
- Strong ability to lead and/or influence others.
- Strong knowledge of best practices and relevant systems within each sales segment.
- Sales Regions
- BD Segments
Notice for candidates from Russia and Central Asia
If you are a candidate from any of the below mentioned countries wishing to explore employment opportunities with Grundfos, we would like to firstly thank you for your interest, and urge you to visit the job page of your country to apply for specific positions that interest you, rather than create a talent profile in
our system. This is suggested to ensure full compliance with the data privacy
requirements of your country.
Russia, Belarus, Kazakhstan, Uzbekistan, Turkmenistan, Tajikistan, Afghanistan, Kyrgyzstan
Grundfos now has a global recruiting system in place, supporting our ambition to provide a qualitative user experience to all our candidates.
To be updated on all career opportunities that might interest you as a candidate, we ask you to create a Talent Profile and set up a job alert so that you will be notified when a position that matches your criteria is posted. Creating a profile will also enable Grundfos recruiters to search and find your CV for when your education and experience match a role we are actively working to fill.
Thank you for your interest in Grundfos.