Who are Grundfos Pumps?
Grundfos Pumps Ltd are a UK leader in the supply and service of pumps and pump systems for domestic and commercial building services, and process industry applications, as well as being a major supplier to the water supply and treatment industries. Grundfos Pumps Ltd are part of the Grundfos Group that employ 19,000 people in sales and production roles in 80 companies worldwide.
What do we offer?
Would you like to take on the role as our new Water Utility Sales Director for the UK? In this role, you will have a great opportunity to influence how we work within the Water Utility sector in the UK market.
You will be part of the UK senior management team and report to the General Manager, Mr. Peter Reynolds.
What is the purpose of this role?
As our new Director of Sales-Water Utility for the UK, you are responsible for managing the Water Utilities sales team with the primary function of delivering sales to ensure accelerated growth within the water utilities segment.
- You will select, lead, guide, evaluate and develop a high performing team of Sales Managers to ensure that the department achieves the business objectives, executes the Grundfos strategy and that a strong Grundfos marketing position and brand will be built.
- You will continuously develop the business by managing the various routes to market and survey future opportunities for new business. For this, you will develop and maintain an effective business relationship with customers, authorities, contractors etc. You will engage and deliver within the Sales Excellence model, including grow and win meetings, via hospitality / relationship building events, etc.
- You will ensure that the customer categorisation and prioritisation reflect the sales strategy of the company. You will also ensure the right price positioning of the product portfolio.
- You will make proposals for the sales objective and cost budget.
- You will assist with the annual budget process as required and ensure an annual planning for team and performance management. Plans will have to be developed to maintain an efficient, productive and harmonious work environment.
- Through use of the company CRM system, you will provide forecasting of sales and drive Facetime (activities with customers) and Pipeline Management (ensuring opportunities for future sales) within the teams, including follow-up on activities and opportunities.
- Ensure Alignment with local activities and that of Group/WEREG/NEW and create collaboration across relevant functional areas. You will also work closely with the service and project execution team to ensure first class end to end deliver of Grundfos products and services.
What experience and qualifications should you have?
- Masters’ degree or equivalent;
- 7-10 years of relevant work experience before entering senior level;
- Experience and knowledge of Water Utilities Market in UK;
- Experience developing, implementing processes preferably within Sales;
- Experience executing on strategies and strategic initiatives within a complex business environment, preferably from a large manufacturing environment;
- Experience operating and leading a team;
- Strong ability to lead and/or influence others at Senior Manager/Director level on B2B market;
- Strong management; change management and leadership skills and be able to operate a management level and build close working relationships at all levels;
- Ability to identify areas for improvement and methodically drive process improvement;
- Self-starter with a proactive approach;
- Excellent organization and prioritizing skills;
- Knowledge of SAP CRM and Microsoft packages.
If this role sounds like your next adventure please press apply!
Want to explore the Grundfos universe further?
Visit us on LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/5195
Notice for candidates from Russia and Central Asia
If you are a candidate from any of the below mentioned countries wishing to explore employment opportunities with Grundfos, we would like to firstly thank you for your interest, and urge you to visit the job page of your country to apply for specific positions that interest you, rather than create a talent profile in
our system. This is suggested to ensure full compliance with the data privacy
requirements of your country.
Russia, Belarus, Kazakhstan, Uzbekistan, Turkmenistan, Tajikistan, Afghanistan, Kyrgyzstan
Grundfos now has a global recruiting system in place, supporting our ambition to provide a qualitative user experience to all our candidates.
To be updated on all career opportunities that might interest you as a candidate, we ask you to create a Talent Profile and set up a job alert so that you will be notified when a position that matches your criteria is posted. Creating a profile will also enable Grundfos recruiters to search and find your CV for when your education and experience match a role we are actively working to fill.
Thank you for your interest in Grundfos.