Join our digitalization journey in Grundfos and play a central role in our global Manufacturing Execution System (MES) program – a focal point in our digitalization journey and in Grundfos Operations as a whole. In this role, you take part in development and deployment of our future global MES platform across Grundfos’ global production footprint.
“The MES program is a huge initiative and a top prioritized program within Grundfos Operations and is a key enabler for our continued digitalization journey. Our ambition is that the new MES platform is deployed globally and will be our one standardized MES platform across all of Grundfos”, says Manager, Rasmus Buhl Andersen.
Joining a global MES program
You will join our AME MES & Traceability team within our Digital Development and Innovation (DDI) division in Grundfos Operation. Here, you will be part of our MES project team where you will work fully dedicated in the MES program together with colleagues from several other Group functions.
Essentially, the MES program is a global program focusing on development and deployment of a global and standardized MES framework. You will join a team of 10-12 people that are working fully dedicated in the solutions development stream in the program. Here, you will work closely together with colleagues from our Operations, Supply Chain and IT organizations as well as consultants from our external partner, to develop MES solutions in our future platform. In parallel, you will have a strong interface to production plants globally, deployments teams and other supporting projects and functions. All of this to support a strong connection between solutions development and requirements from the entire business.
From pilot project to global programme
Our MES program is right now in a transition phase. The program journey started with a pilot project in our Factory of the Future plant in Bjerringbro. The pilot project has now been completed, meaning that now we need to accelerate deployment by designing, building and preparing for a global approach. This is where your competencies come in to play. With your previous experience working with global MES deployment programs, you know what it takes to build a platform that is based on scalability and standardization principles, but at the same time provides all the needed benefits to a diverse production footprint.
As a Senior MES Engineer in our AME MES & Traceability team, you will in the MES program represent Grundfos Operations. You will play in integrated role in defining requirements in the MES platform - scope and benefits - and be key in designing and building the solutions to support this. You will do this in close collaboration with both internal and external suppliers. More specifically, your key responsibilities will be to:
- Design and deliver solutions that interfaces at all levels – towards shop floor, PLM and ERP. In particular you will have a key focus in our interface to SAP as our ERP system, and will together with representatives from this layer build standardized interfaces. Included in this is also participation in projects targeted enhancement and standardization of our master data.
- Support plant assessment teams in bridging the nature of our manufacturing with the MES solutions available. In this lies also a governance responsibility in making sure that what is developed and deployed is in line with our template approach to new solutions being build.
- Have a keen eye to other digitalization projects running in Grundfos. In this there will be a role to make sure solutions developed both inside and outside our MES program is well coordinated and future proofed. This will also entail being an active resource in other digitalization projects driven in the DDI organization.
A strong specialist with domain knowledge and outstanding collaboration skills
You are a specialist by heart and takes pride in developing solutions that brings true value to the business. Most likely, you have a background from a global manufacturing company and have strong experience working with implementation of MES systems within discrete manufacturing. Moreover, you:
- Hold a master’s degree in engineering
- Have strong experience working with manufacturing processes in a MES perspective
- Have solid experience developing and deploying MES systems on enterprise level
- Have solid experience with SAP ERP Operations (modules MM and PP) and with the Microsoft portfolio.
- You are most likely familiar with Siemens MES solutions, however this not a prerequisite
- You are fluent in English, and it is a plus if you also master Danish.
On a personal level, being outgoing and great at networking will get you far. You know how to involve people around you and establish relations on all organizational levels aiming to build strong solutions. Excellent communication skills allow you to be persistent while also navigating your many different stakeholders and their opinions, and finally, you know how to balance a holistic approach with going into details when necessary.
If you have questions or want to know more about the position, please contact Manager of AME MES & Traceability Team, Rasmus Buhl Andersen, on +45 30 48 25 06.
If this job sounds appealing to you, please send your resume and cover letter today and no later than August 20, 2019 by clicking on “Apply”. We expect interview to be held in week 35.
We look forward to hearing from you.
Notice for candidates from Russia and Central Asia
If you are a candidate from any of the below mentioned countries wishing to explore employment opportunities with Grundfos, we would like to firstly thank you for your interest, and urge you to visit the job page of your country to apply for specific positions that interest you, rather than create a talent profile in
our system. This is suggested to ensure full compliance with the data privacy
requirements of your country.
Russia, Belarus, Kazakhstan, Uzbekistan, Turkmenistan, Tajikistan, Afghanistan, Kyrgyzstan
Grundfos now has a global recruiting system in place, supporting our ambition to provide a qualitative user experience to all our candidates.
To be updated on all career opportunities that might interest you as a candidate, we ask you to create a Talent Profile and set up a job alert so that you will be notified when a position that matches your criteria is posted. Creating a profile will also enable Grundfos recruiters to search and find your CV for when your education and experience match a role we are actively working to fill.
Thank you for your interest in Grundfos.