Would you like to work in an international, innovative organization, where we produce high quality solutions and are constantly looking to enhance existing, and develop, new offerings?
Then Grundfos might be the place for you.
Grundfos South Africa has an exciting opportunity for a Functional Planning Purchaser to join the team in our office in Johannesburg, South Africa.
Great development opportunities and flexibility in how you build your career and develop your skills await you!
What is the job about?
As a Functional Planning Purchaser, you will be the owner within Grundfos Sub Saharan Africa supporting all order handling with their planning and purchase requirements.
You will execute global best practices within planning and purchase business processes and ensure compliance to usage of best practice methods and tools, measurements and reporting of results in Grundfos.
Some of the responsibilities are as follows:
- Identify materials which mismatch between supply and demand. Mismatches must be correct in order to match demands or required stock levels with supply.
- Identify consumption based planned materials with negative stock within lead time.
- Remove stock errors in order to have stock accuracy and realistic planned dates.
- Identify delayed purchase, planned, and production orders and move to new and realistic delivery dates in order to have an accurate plan. Share information between production and planning and communicate delays or improvement with order handling.
- Identify missing components for production and move orders with missing components to ensure feasible production schedules are maintained. Actively reschedule production orders and communicate to order handling.
- Ensure the correct picture of the current capacity load and available capacity according to time and pieces is maintained by ensuring routings are realistic and relevant to the product produced.
- Ensure material master data reflect the source, purchase group, and correct lead time from the supplier.
- Create new production orders to confirm sales orders and ensure component supply. Planned orders which opening period is relevant to the business day should be converted and firmed.
- Create new purchase orders to confirm sales orders and ensure component supply to production by using the automated MRP. Purchase requisitions which opening period is relevant to the business day should be converted and firmed.
- Convert related purchase requisitions and forward purchase orders to suppliers. Ensure order acknowledgements are processed and open purchase orders monitored to meet the required date in the production plan. Send weekly open order requests to key suppliers and follow up on overdue deliveries. For key suppliers monthly SIOP meetings must be initiated, documented, and actioned by the Purchaser.
- Check for anonymous stock on customer stock materials and if possible move requirements or flag that it requires disassembly. Effectively manage excess stock from suppliers.
- Check reconfirmed orders daily and ensure the maximum of three (3) reconfirmations are sent to the customer.
- Ensure best practices are followed and that the daily routine is kept.
- Continuously improve execution of practices and methods based on performance and process performance indicators.
- Be responsible to handle requests from order handling and be accountable for actions.
- Participate in strategic and operational projects.
- Participate in audits/assessments and task force assignments
- Own, maintain and execute Master data.
What do you need to apply?
To be considered for this role, you must have the following:
- Education: Matriculation and/ or equal qualification. Imports Management course would be an advantage.
- 2-4 years’ previous planning/ purchasing work experience. Previous work experience within the import purchasing, international freight (air/ sea) and within planning would be advantageous
- SAP experience would be an advantage.
- Full understanding of purchasing and planning processes.
- Understanding of policies and procedures applicable to planning & purchasing.
- Basic knowledge of purchasing/ planning requirements in terms of CIC requests and supplier relationship.
- Ability to think outside of the box and challenging processes to improve the way we do things.
- Possess a good understanding of the relevant systems (SAP/ CRM).
- Ensure supplier delivery performance is upheld together with lead times, material master data and scheduled production order performance.
- Dedicated and high level of attention to detail.
- Creative and innovative thinking – solution driven thinking.
- Be able to work within cross-functional teams and handle high pressure environment.
- MS Excel reporting experience.
- Positive attitude and willingness to learn.
If this sounds appealing to you, please upload your CV/resume and cover letter via our Careers portal.
We look forward to hearing from you.
This position is open to all employees and all applications will be considered.
Preference may be given to suitably qualified applicants from designated groups in line with the Company’s Employment Equity Plan.
Water is our business. With our pumps and pump solutions, we set the standard and keep raising the bar when it comes to water and energy efficiency and protecting the environment. We are passionate about what we do and want to make a difference every day.
Want to explore the Grundfos universe further?
Visit our website on: http://www.grundfos.com/
OR Visit us on LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/5195
Notice for candidates from Russia and Central Asia
If you are a candidate from any of the below mentioned countries wishing to explore employment opportunities with Grundfos, we would like to firstly thank you for your interest, and urge you to visit the job page of your country to apply for specific positions that interest you, rather than create a talent profile in
our system. This is suggested to ensure full compliance with the data privacy
requirements of your country.
Russia, Belarus, Kazakhstan, Uzbekistan, Turkmenistan, Tajikistan, Afghanistan, Kyrgyzstan
Grundfos now has a global recruiting system in place, supporting our ambition to provide a qualitative user experience to all our candidates.
To be updated on all career opportunities that might interest you as a candidate, we ask you to create a Talent Profile and set up a job alert so that you will be notified when a position that matches your criteria is posted. Creating a profile will also enable Grundfos recruiters to search and find your CV for when your education and experience match a role we are actively working to fill.
Thank you for your interest in Grundfos.