General Summary: This position is responsible for performing various production jobs utilizing control instructions, work instructions, and other quality tools to ensure that safety and quality requirements are met.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for personal safety and safety of co-workers.
- Produces components utilizing equipment and machinery.
- Performs assembly operations utilizing hands and/or tools and equipment.
- Tests and inspects components and products by utilizing measuring tools, equipment, and testing machinery.
- Utilizes control instructions, assembly/test procedures, other quality tools for quality guidance.
- Responsible for the quality of all work produced and obligated to stop the process and alert team leader or supervisor of non-conforming work.
- Speaks up to team leader or supervisor with concerns or questions about safety or quality.
- Responsible for achieving output requirements.
- Responsible for accurately inputting data utilizing computer terminals.
- Responsible for keeping machinery/work area clean and orderly.
- Performs preventative maintenance tasks.
- Continually ensures accuracy of component inventories.
- Actively participates in continuous improvement activities.
- Duties and responsibilities may be added, deleted, or changed at any time at the discretion of management, formally or informally, either verbally or in writing.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Excellent hand-eye dexterity.
- Good verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Personal flexibility to be able to move among jobs throughout the factory as required.
- Ability to use basic hand and measuring tools.
- Skills in basic mathematics and reading (8th grade level.)
- Ability to follow safety standards and rules.
- Ability to lift 50 pounds.
- Ability to understand and use control instructions, work instructions, and other quality tools.
Education and Experience: High School diploma preferred plus 1-2 years of general assembly experience or equivalent experience.
Comments: Must be able to work overtime and various shifts (swing or graveyard.)
Notice for candidates from Russia and Central Asia
If you are a candidate from any of the below mentioned countries wishing to explore employment opportunities with Grundfos, we would like to firstly thank you for your interest, and urge you to visit the job page of your country to apply for specific positions that interest you, rather than create a talent profile in
our system. This is suggested to ensure full compliance with the data privacy
requirements of your country.
Russia, Belarus, Kazakhstan, Uzbekistan, Turkmenistan, Tajikistan, Afghanistan, Kyrgyzstan
Grundfos now has a global recruiting system in place, supporting our ambition to provide a qualitative user experience to all our candidates.
To be updated on all career opportunities that might interest you as a candidate, we ask you to create a Talent Profile and set up a job alert so that you will be notified when a position that matches your criteria is posted. Creating a profile will also enable Grundfos recruiters to search and find your CV for when your education and experience match a role we are actively working to fill.
Thank you for your interest in Grundfos.