General Summary: Reporting to the Director of Service, the Service & Aftermarket Sales Engineer’s role is to generate and increase Grundfos’ awareness of the Grundfos aftermarket business to increase market share; sell and preserve long term service agreements, and report specific business, market, and industry information. The Service & Aftermarket Sales Engineer establishes and builds strong relationships with target decisions makers and serves as a value-added resource. The Service & Aftermarket Sales Engineer can be deployed with a specific focus on a particular customer, set of customers, market segment, product group, or industry. Responsible for generating profitable Service and Aftermarket sales, including all principal duties and responsibilities indicated below.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible to lead the service & aftermarket sales process for their focused customers, markets, products, or
- industry and are directly measured on the growth their focused areas experience while focusing on fulfilling sales quota, marketing goals and profit objectives.
- Call on customers within assigned geographical area to increase awareness of Grundfos aftermarket business,increase service agreements, and promote acceptance of the company’s products and services.
- Prepare quotations and negotiates pricing with customers on a project by project basis, in accordance with Company guidelines.
- Promotes the image of the Company, its products and services and demonstrates and instructs in their uses.
- Performs troubleshooting and emergency call outs as may be required; assists with equipment start up and training as may be necessary.
- Responsible for selection of equipment without written specifications and submitting sales forecasts supported by market trends, competition, etc., and provides follow-up information on quoted jobs as outlined by the Service Director.
- Stays abreast of the service industry trends, evolutions and applications. Keeps Management informed of competitive conditions and makes recommendations on product changes, additions or new products with major potential.
- Perform all work in compliance with company policies, procedures, legislation, regulations and direction and identify non-compliance situations for resolution.
- Comply with all health and safety initiatives to ensure the Company remains a safe workplace.
- Duties and responsibilities may be added, deleted, or changed at any time at the discretion of management, formally or informally, either verbally or in writing.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Proven experience and success in sales of products and services within the water, wastewater, industrial, and building services industry including centrifugal and vertical turbine pumps and other rotating equipment.
- Strong knowledge of pumps, pump hydraulics, pump systems, controls or rotating equipment and all aspects of operation, installation and maintenance.
- Ability to work with detailed specifications and industry standards.
- Ability to manage multiple, divergent priorities, and work independently with a high degree of accuracy to meet customer requirements and priorities in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to foster collaboration, accountability and customer-centricity.
- Superior telephone skills and strong written and verbal English language communication skills to receive and give information and make presentations
- Strong customer service focus, sense of urgency to meet or exceed customer expectations, and achieve daily commitments
- Ability to present a positive, competent image to customers, problem solve and apply sound judgment and discretion.
- Highly organized and focused on meeting goals and objectives, manage multiple priorities, and capable of working independently with a high degree of accuracy.
- Proficiency in the use of ERP systems, Microsoft Office products, and product sizing software.
Education and Experience:
Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical, Civil or Industrial Engineering or other technical degree required; or a combination of training, education and experience.
5-7years of sales/engineering experience in an aftermarket business environment is preferred.
Physical and Environmental Requirements:
Prolonged periods in a seated position in an office or in a vehicle. Uses a phone and computer with occasional twisting to reach equipment on desk; performs simple grasping, listens with sufficient acuity to perform all aspects of the job. Able to sit or stand for extended periods of time and occasionally lifts up to 5 lbs.
Notice for candidates from Russia and Central Asia
If you are a candidate from any of the below mentioned countries wishing to explore employment opportunities with Grundfos, we would like to firstly thank you for your interest, and urge you to visit the job page of your country to apply for specific positions that interest you, rather than create a talent profile in
our system. This is suggested to ensure full compliance with the data privacy
requirements of your country.
Russia, Belarus, Kazakhstan, Uzbekistan, Turkmenistan, Tajikistan, Afghanistan, Kyrgyzstan
Grundfos now has a global recruiting system in place, supporting our ambition to provide a qualitative user experience to all our candidates.
To be updated on all career opportunities that might interest you as a candidate, we ask you to create a Talent Profile and set up a job alert so that you will be notified when a position that matches your criteria is posted. Creating a profile will also enable Grundfos recruiters to search and find your CV for when your education and experience match a role we are actively working to fill.
Thank you for your interest in Grundfos.