In this role, you have the opportunity to develop design ideas from basic concepts through to fully detailed design solutions. You work as part of a global multi-disciplinary team to create meaningful and innovative solutions. You advise other project members on how best to address the user’s needs and create value for all stakeholders.
You are responsible for
- Analyze required information to form a relevant understanding of context (domain, business, market, emerging contexts, related trends, target groups, etc.) and define and articulate relevant insights.
- Create personas, scenarios, themes and concepts that explore different value propositions which build potential business opportunities.
- You use appropriate and effective visual design skills to articulate simplicity across products systems to support business needs.
- You develop and use appropriate visualization skills (sketching, 3D modeling, rendering) to define and communicate product and interaction concepts.
- You use appropriate and effective functional design skills to articulate simplicity through function, interaction, manufacture, materials and finish.
- You create functional product concepts that appropriately address the user-context requirements.
- You use effective model making skills to help communicate, develop and test design directions.
- You have a strong understanding of design process and have successfully applied it to multiple projects.
- Communicate ideas clearly and persuasively at an individual and group level.
- Help develop platform guidelines and create clear and effective handover documents for the rest of the organisation that shows clear design, function and engineering requirements.
- Build relationships and appropriately influence relevant internal teams and direct business contacts.
- Develop stakeholder relationships and build networks to achieve short- and long-term goals.
You are a part of
You will be part of an amazing cross disciplinary team that includes product design, interaction design, people research and project management. We’ve recently renovated our space into inspiring new work space, co-located with key parts of the organization.
Our design team that is the heart of Grundfos, shaping the way people experience our physical and digital products and services. At Grundfos Design & UI, we believe that good design is about creating solutions that satisfy people's needs, empower them and make them happier.
At Grundfos Design & UI, we believe that good design is about creating solutions that satisfy people's needs, empower them and make them happier, all of this without destroying the world in which we live. You will be a key part of a team focused on human-centered design and platform innovation. This is a rare opportunity to truly make a meaningful impact on people’s lives through creating impactful products and services.
To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience
- Bachelors degree in Industrial/Product design, ideally with a minimum of 5 years of relevant work experience.
- A strong passion for design and an original portfolio of diverse creative work that demonstrates that passion.
- Strong problem solver whose thinking is both creative and strategic.
- Comfortable working in a dynamic team environment.
- Exceptional 2D and 3D design skills.
- Comprehend production challenges and work with engineering teams towards production.
- Strong presentation, verbal and written skills.
- Strong understanding of the value of design and platform development.
- Ability to relate to individuals and mentor designers.
In return, we offer you
Sharpen your talents with new challenges in our dynamic organization. As a market-driven company, we’re used to listening to our customers & apply the same thinking to our employees. We offer a competitive salary, outstanding benefits and flexibility in a career with a positive and supportive atmosphere in which to develop your talents further.
Why should you join Grundfos?
Working at Grundfos is more than a job. It’s a calling to create a healthier society through meaningful work, focused on improving 3 billion lives a year by delivering innovative solutions across the water industry.
Grundfos is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetic information, creed, citizenship, disability, protected veteran or marital status. As an equal opportunity employer, Grundfos is committed to a diverse workforce.
If you have questions or want to know more about the position, please contact Dripta Roy, Head of Design & UI at +4553194745
If this job sounds appealing to you, please send your resume and cover letter today by clicking on “Apply”. We expect interviews to be held on an ongoing basis.
We look forward to hearing from you
If you want to dig deeper into the Grundfos universe, please visit us on LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/5195 or our YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zwY54t455CU.
Notice for candidates from Russia and Central Asia
If you are a candidate from any of the below mentioned countries wishing to explore employment opportunities with Grundfos, we would like to firstly thank you for your interest, and urge you to visit the job page of your country to apply for specific positions that interest you, rather than create a talent profile in
our system. This is suggested to ensure full compliance with the data privacy
requirements of your country.
Russia, Belarus, Kazakhstan, Uzbekistan, Turkmenistan, Tajikistan, Afghanistan, Kyrgyzstan
Grundfos now has a global recruiting system in place, supporting our ambition to provide a qualitative user experience to all our candidates.
To be updated on all career opportunities that might interest you as a candidate, we ask you to create a Talent Profile and set up a job alert so that you will be notified when a position that matches your criteria is posted. Creating a profile will also enable Grundfos recruiters to search and find your CV for when your education and experience match a role we are actively working to fill.
Thank you for your interest in Grundfos.