The Field Service Engineer will assist in the programming, installation, commissioning/testing, troubleshooting and support of primarily Water/Wastewater pumps & control systems. These systems typically include process instrumentation, control panels, motor controls, PLCs, SCADA/DCS systems, familiarity with IT infrastructure, reporting, and data collection.
Key Accountabilities / Responsibilities
- Advanced computer skills, literacy and proficiency.
- Must possess effective oral, written and digital communication skills.
- Must be able to easily interact with other staff and team members, and be able to assist in the communication with customer, engineers and contractors
- Must possess effective organizations skills for productive task and time management
- Must be able to identify and solve problems in a timely manner.
- Must have a “can do” attitude and must be able to interact with staff, members and customers during off-hours.
Posting, Reporting, and Work Relations
- The Field Service Engineer will report to the Senior Service Manager located in Aurora, IL.
- Assists the Service team with pump system mechanics, instrumentation and control services for water and wastewater treatment facilities, pump stations, lift stations and related facilities.
- Provides in-shop and onsite work for customers including instrumentation configuration, installation assistance, and control system and process start-up/commissioning.
Required Minimum Qualifications
- Associates Degree in Technology or equivalent from an ABET accredited program.
- 3+ years of experience in technical troubleshooting of mechanical and/or electronic rotating equipment.
- Programming experience using Programmable Logic Controllers (PLCs), Operator Interface Terminals (OITs), Human Machine Interface controllers (HMIs) and SCADA software.
Work Conditions (US Only)
- Must be willing and able to travel up to 40% nationally.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license and passport.
- Must provide own transportation (reimbursable) to drive to various local customer locations.
- The Field Service Engineer is expected to accept calls to troubleshoot control system issues 24/7.
Notice for candidates from Russia and Central Asia
If you are a candidate from any of the below mentioned countries wishing to explore employment opportunities with Grundfos, we would like to firstly thank you for your interest, and urge you to visit the job page of your country to apply for specific positions that interest you, rather than create a talent profile in
our system. This is suggested to ensure full compliance with the data privacy
requirements of your country.
Russia, Belarus, Kazakhstan, Uzbekistan, Turkmenistan, Tajikistan, Afghanistan, Kyrgyzstan
Grundfos now has a global recruiting system in place, supporting our ambition to provide a qualitative user experience to all our candidates.
To be updated on all career opportunities that might interest you as a candidate, we ask you to create a Talent Profile and set up a job alert so that you will be notified when a position that matches your criteria is posted. Creating a profile will also enable Grundfos recruiters to search and find your CV for when your education and experience match a role we are actively working to fill.
Thank you for your interest in Grundfos.