This position is responsible for the planning and management of Grundfos Pumps Manufacturing Corporation's (GMU) inventory, the timely and cost-effective tactical purchasing of components and supplies, receiving and stocking of purchased items, and the storage and shipping of finished goods. Further, this position is responsible for developing and implementing policies and procedures in conjunction with other managers and executives. These responsibilities include direct supervision of the warehouse, receiving, planning, purchasing and logistics functions based in Fresno, CA.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop and gain acceptance of, and implement a plan to continually increase inventory turns while continually increasing on-time delivery of product.
- As a part of global, regional and local SIOP process, develop and gain commitment to a monthly Production Plan driven by a forecast from other companies.
- Monitor day-to-day inventory situations and initiate actions to meet specific requirements or resolve problems.
- Establish techniques for measuring the overall effectiveness of the Purchasing & Scheduling Department, establish goals, develop and implement plans to meet these goals.
- Develop and implement plans that will result in GMU having effective working relationships with suppliers that lead toward lower overall costs.
- Maintain and further bring about a positive and effective working relationship with the Grundfos Group companies from whom we purchase pumps and components.
- Establish work practices that minimize the environmental impact of the processes associated with the department, reduce the consumption of resources, and reduce the waste stream.
- Through a planned program, assure that the highest levels of ethical behavior are attained among all employees, but especially those in buying positions.
- Develop and utilize performance measurements to assure that incoming and outgoing total freight costs and service are continually improving and meeting our customers' needs.
- Develop and utilize warehousing techniques to minimize the total cost of warehousing.
- Develop and utilize measurement techniques to track performance improvements of each department: warehouse, receiving, planning, purchasing and logistics.
- Determine the need for, develop, and implement policies and procedures that will effectively link the Materials Department to its customers and suppliers. Such links to be aimed at improving satisfaction while reducing costs. Establish ways to measure satisfaction and costs.
- Work actively as a team member and team leader to promote improved teamwork throughout GMU and the region. Perform duties required as being part of the GMU management team.
- Act as the On-time Delivery “voice of the customer” within GMU.
- Actively utilize performance reviews and the career development program to encourage and bring employees to fully utilize their capabilities for their good and that of Grundfos.
- Duties and responsibilities may be added, deleted, or changed at any time at the discretion of management, formally or informally, either verbally or in writing.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Demonstrated ability to lead and manage others in bringing about improvements in customer satisfaction and cost reduction.
- Demonstrated thorough knowledge of materials management theory and practices.
- Demonstrated knowledge of purchasing theory and practices in a Total Quality environment.
- Demonstrated knowledge of distribution (warehouse and transportation) theory and practices leading to improved customer satisfaction and cost reduction.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively work as both a team member and a team leader.
- Demonstrated ability to successfully bring about improvement in complex situations involving multiple locations and departments.
- Demonstrated ability to conceive, develop, implement, and maintain improvement programs, both small and large.
- Demonstrated ability to develop technical experts, supervisors, and managers within the existing employee base.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor Degree in Business, Science, or Engineering (with an MBA preferred).
- Ten (10) years’ experience in a manufacturing setting.
- Professional certifications in Inventory Management or Purchasing or both (APICS: CPIM and CSCP preferred).
- Minimum of five (5) years’ experience in a managerial position.
- Track record of attending relevant outside classes, seminars, and field trips to enhanced technical and management knowledge.
Notice for candidates from Russia and Central Asia
If you are a candidate from any of the below mentioned countries wishing to explore employment opportunities with Grundfos, we would like to firstly thank you for your interest, and urge you to visit the job page of your country to apply for specific positions that interest you, rather than create a talent profile in
our system. This is suggested to ensure full compliance with the data privacy
requirements of your country.
Russia, Belarus, Kazakhstan, Uzbekistan, Turkmenistan, Tajikistan, Afghanistan, Kyrgyzstan
Grundfos now has a global recruiting system in place, supporting our ambition to provide a qualitative user experience to all our candidates.
To be updated on all career opportunities that might interest you as a candidate, we ask you to create a Talent Profile and set up a job alert so that you will be notified when a position that matches your criteria is posted. Creating a profile will also enable Grundfos recruiters to search and find your CV for when your education and experience match a role we are actively working to fill.
Thank you for your interest in Grundfos.