Are you an experienced negotiator within Marketing and Financial services? Then here is your opportunity to become our new Category Manager in Grundfos Indirect Purchase.
What do we offer?
Do you have experience with negotiating and designing global contracts with indirect suppliers related to the areas of Marketing and Finance? Here is your chance to gain an international network and be our lead negotiator and driver of defining future supplier concepts in a global organization. You get to work across cultures and companies to influence our future sourcing strategy and take responsibility for the portfolio of indirect suppliers related to the areas of Marketing and Finance. This covers marketing agencies, translation, printed materials and advertising, as well as suppliers of financial and legal services, financial reporting and insurance.
You will join the Global Indirect Purchase team, where we are currently 12 colleagues located in Denmark, Hungary and Germany responsible for sourcing of indirect products and services. Being part of Group Purchasing you join an ambitious team, where your effort and ability to create results makes a difference and has a direct business impact. You refer to Purchase Manager, Global Indirect Purchase, Ninna Normand Helles based in Denmark.
“We are a team with ambitions to take Indirect Purchase to an even higher level. We strive to improve our processes, and we are proud of adding value to the business of Grundfos by ensuring optimal prices and commercial terms. Everything we do is centered around partnerships and competitiveness, and we work closely together with internal stakeholders,” Ninna says.
What is the job about?
As Global Indirect Category Manager for Marketing and Finance, you will be responsible for:
- develop and execute the sourcing strategy related to these business areas.
- work closely together with key stakeholders in Group Marketing and Group Finance, as well as with local and regional indirect purchasers and stakeholders in our production and sales companies.
- Ensure an optimised suppliers’ portfolio and commercial terms in place
- Identify cost optimization opportunities both locally, regionally and globally
- Execute cost optimization projects at global level and support local and regional projects
- Execute market and spend analysis to identify and follow the main cost drivers trend; conduct relevant benchmarks to identify savings potential and compare total cost scenarios.
Close co-operation with internal stakeholders is key to succeed, acting as a Business Partner for the Group functions who know the business strategy and therefore define the requirements and demands. It is therefore important for you to understand those business strategies, needs and requirements, while you also have the courage, knowledge and foundation to challenge internal stakeholder, concerning habits, existing solutions and concepts.
“It is important that you continuously follow the trends and market development within your area of responsibility to be able to consider relevant benchmarks, market trends and cost drivers. Also, you need to be able to challenge both internal stakeholders and suppliers and be ambitious when you negotiate,”Ninna explains.
What do you need to apply?
- experience within an international organisation and with managing international suppliers’ portfolio.
- experience with defining and execution of sourcing strategies.
- experienced in international stakeholder’s management
- relevant commercial master or bachelor’s degree combined with at least 5 years of experience as lead negotiator, you see yourself as a well-founded sourcing professional.
- Target oriented, do not settle with least acceptable and dare to challenge existing concepts and solutions.
- Able to work independently and think analytically
- Experience with contemporary tools like e-sourcing for example
- Speak and write English at professional negotiation level.
“Your experience enables you to work independently as well as think analytically, and it gives you the confidence to negotiate at a strategic level while being diplomatic and constructive, yet firm. You are used to collaborating across functional and organizational levels, and you are able to prioritize during a busy day. Finally, you easily develop and maintain trustworthy relationships, and you remain structured with a focus on getting things done,” Ninna finishes.
If this job sounds appealing to you, please send your resume and cover letter by clicking on “Apply”. We expect interviews to be held on an on-going basis and we will take down the position once the right candidate is found.
We look forward to hearing from you.
If you want to dig deeper into the Grundfos universe, please visit our Grundfos YouTube Channel here: http://www.youtube.com/grundfos or on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/GrundfosEngineering
Notice for candidates from Russia and Central Asia
If you are a candidate from any of the below mentioned countries wishing to explore employment opportunities with Grundfos, we would like to firstly thank you for your interest, and urge you to visit the job page of your country to apply for specific positions that interest you, rather than create a talent profile in
our system. This is suggested to ensure full compliance with the data privacy
requirements of your country.
Russia, Belarus, Kazakhstan, Uzbekistan, Turkmenistan, Tajikistan, Afghanistan, Kyrgyzstan
Grundfos now has a global recruiting system in place, supporting our ambition to provide a qualitative user experience to all our candidates.
To be updated on all career opportunities that might interest you as a candidate, we ask you to create a Talent Profile and set up a job alert so that you will be notified when a position that matches your criteria is posted. Creating a profile will also enable Grundfos recruiters to search and find your CV for when your education and experience match a role we are actively working to fill.
Thank you for your interest in Grundfos.