What is the job about?
Grundfos Program Engineering team is looking for a Product Engineer in the Waste Water Large department. The Product Engineer is closely working with the Product Technical Manager to ensure product compliance, continuously improve quality, optimise cost and support customers with assisting in variant creation for the entire waste water product range, including drainage and sewage pumps, mixers, flow makers and pre-fabricated pumping stations.
The position requires frequent internal and external collaboration with functions like Program Management, Compliance, Laboratory, Operations, Quality, Service and Customer service units.
Key responsibilities and tasks:
Quality – Continuously seek for and implement Product improvements
Cost-out – rationalisation for overall cost of Products
Legislation – ensure compliance to the given standards/legislation
Maintenance- continuously improve product documentation to meet standard’s requirements
Variant –Support to new variant’s introduction
- Drive larger technical updates and improvements to the product lines.
- Have the technical ownership of components/technologies or work area of the product lines
- Initiate and drive new ideas, quality improvements on warranty, based on market and stakeholders’ feedback
- Conduct analyses in connection to product changes/updates
- Perform cost analysis and cost reduction activities
- Accomplish design- and construction tasks
- Seek and implement new technologies and technology platforms in relation to engineering activities
- Secure involvement and information to relevant stakeholders related to engineering activities
- Prepare documentation in compliance with legislation, Grundfos processes, Standards and Grundfos practice
- Specify tests in compliance with relevant norms and product approval standards
- Follow-up, analyse and conclude on tests
- Plan and in special cases, conduct tests and laboratory tasks (like 3rd party tests)
- Act as task manager and mentor, coach for the Product Engineers
- Assist on product approvals
What do you need to apply?
- Mechanical Engineer degree, Master or Bachelor, product design experience is a benefit
- > 6 years of relevant technical experience
- General knowledge foundation to work in a complex organization
- Fluent English - verbal and written
- Experience in job relevant tools, 3D CAD, SAP or other ERP
- Ability to plan activities in close collaboration with other functions
- Experience in Microsoft office tools (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
- Good communication skills. Open, reliable and trustworthy
- Persistent and stable with ability to handle more tasks simultaneously
- Ability to take responsibility and drive tasks from start to end to meet the deadline (task manager type)
Notice for candidates from Russia and Central Asia
If you are a candidate from any of the below mentioned countries wishing to explore employment opportunities with Grundfos, we would like to firstly thank you for your interest, and urge you to visit the job page of your country to apply for specific positions that interest you, rather than create a talent profile in
our system. This is suggested to ensure full compliance with the data privacy
requirements of your country.
Russia, Belarus, Kazakhstan, Uzbekistan, Turkmenistan, Tajikistan, Afghanistan, Kyrgyzstan
Grundfos now has a global recruiting system in place, supporting our ambition to provide a qualitative user experience to all our candidates.
To be updated on all career opportunities that might interest you as a candidate, we ask you to create a Talent Profile and set up a job alert so that you will be notified when a position that matches your criteria is posted. Creating a profile will also enable Grundfos recruiters to search and find your CV for when your education and experience match a role we are actively working to fill.
Thank you for your interest in Grundfos.