Purpose of job
Drive Product Engineering activities in close collaboration across functions. Accountable for the technical solution on System level during execution of a project. Contribute to product maintenance and modification in relation to quality, cost reduction, documentation and small variants creation.
This position is in the India Tech Center with office in Chennai, India. The Tech Center takes care of Solar Pumps with detailed design, technology and product platform support for existing and new product development.
The Tech Center is a part of Solar India Business and this position will work closely together with peers in Denmark. Solar India Project
Grundfos solutions typically have focus on energy efficiency and this Project would also focus on cost optimization.
We offer a challenging workplace with excellent professional and personal development opportunities in an inspiring, international work environment with the world’s leading pump manufacturer and industry leading experts. We value initiative, responsibility and the right balance between creativity and quality in all solutions.
- Take the technical lead in implementing and integrating the system
- Lead the Realisation, Integration, Verification and Validation activities
- Ensure the quality and safety of the system utilizing e.g. FMEA & reviews
- Hand over technical specification to Operation for manufacturing the system
- Document the technical performance of the system (Eta, Noise, Physical measures etc.)
- Finalise technical solution and documentation and switch to Product Engineering role
- Drive larger technical updates and improvements to the product lines.
- Have the technical ownership of components/technologies or work area of the product lines.
- Seek and implement new technologies and technology platforms in relation to engineering activities.
- Follow-up, analyse and conclude on tests.
- Secure involvement and information to relevant stakeholders in relation to engineering activities
- Perform cost analysis and cost reduction activities post Project phase
- Prepare documentation in compliance with legislation, Grundfos processes, Standards and Grundfos practice.
- Specify test in compliance with relevant norms and product approval standards Assist on product approvals when required
- Problem Solving orientation– Uses rigorous logic and methods to solve difficult problems with effective solutions
What you need to apply?
- Engineering with 8-12 of experience in Pump design
- Experience in job relevant tools (3D CAD, preferably Catia/Enovia, SAP or other ERP, GPC, master data, quality, etc.)
- Ability to plan activities in close collaboration with other functions
- Good communication skills. Open, reliable and trustworthy
- Ability to work & lead cross functional teams
This position will be based in Chennai
If you want to dig deeper into the Grundfos universe, please visit our Grundfos YouTube Channel here: http://www.youtube.com/grundfos or on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/GrundfosEngineering
Grundfos is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
To all Recruitment Agencies
Grundfos does not accept unsolicited agency resumes/CVs. Please do not forward resumes/CVs to our SuccessFactors, our careers email addresses, Grundfos employees or any other company location without being engaged by a Company Recruiter. Grundfos is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes/CVs.
Notice for candidates from Russia and Central Asia
If you are a candidate from any of the below mentioned countries wishing to explore employment opportunities with Grundfos, we would like to firstly thank you for your interest, and urge you to visit the job page of your country to apply for specific positions that interest you, rather than create a talent profile in
our system. This is suggested to ensure full compliance with the data privacy
requirements of your country.
Russia, Belarus, Kazakhstan, Uzbekistan, Turkmenistan, Tajikistan, Afghanistan, Kyrgyzstan
Grundfos now has a global recruiting system in place, supporting our ambition to provide a qualitative user experience to all our candidates.
To be updated on all career opportunities that might interest you as a candidate, we ask you to create a Talent Profile and set up a job alert so that you will be notified when a position that matches your criteria is posted. Creating a profile will also enable Grundfos recruiters to search and find your CV for when your education and experience match a role we are actively working to fill.
Thank you for your interest in Grundfos.