Utilize optimal procurement processes to issue and manage purchase orders to Grundfos suppliers. Drive supplier development projects and internal procurement process improvements. Work to improve the total cost position of the Materials group through supplier relationships and commodity expertise.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Crate and maintain vendor relations for Grundfos.
- Manage purchase orders through life cycle of placement through closure.
- Read and interpret MRP; place purchase orders as necessary to anticipate customer needs while managing optimal inventory levels.
- Proactively, systematically and exceptionally expedite material from suppliers. Effectively communicate to all internal customers. Provide accurate delivery dates to planning community.
- Initiate and conduct Supplier Relationship Management meetings in order to build relationships, reduce costs, monitor/improve quality and increase/maintain supplier on time delivery.
- Work with various internal Grundfos departments and external suppliers to develop/modify specifications to maximize value/minimize total cost; design for manufacturing, quality improvement (to include the review of quality discrepancies of incoming commodities), total cost reduction and issue resolution.
- Monitor, evaluate and work with problem suppliers to improve performance.
- Identify and prioritize material cost reduction opportunities. Control commodity purchase price variances.
- Generate various reports related to assigned commodities. Manage part base per commodity assigned. Include the management of MRP modifiers such as lot sizes, lead times etc.
- Perform all duties professionally, ethically, and in the best interests of Grundfos CBS Inc.
- Duties and responsibilities may be added, deleted, or changed at any time at the discretion of management, formally or informally, either verbally or in writing.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Demonstrated expertise using MRPII systems, in an SAP environment is preferred.
- Ability to handle multiple deadlines in a changing environment with a sense of urgency.
- Must have drive and initiative to continuously reduce costs and implement changes
- Must exhibit problem solving skills with ability to make decisions executing sound judgment.
- Team player with good interpersonal skills and effective communicator, both verbally and in writing.
- Successful negotiating skills.
- Demonstrated PC expertise; Excel and Word.
- Manufacturing knowledge a plus.
- General commodity(s) experience preferred.
- Experience with/ knowledge of supplier Kanban or other pull-type procurement systems.
Education and Experience:
Bachelor’s degree preferred or a minimum of 5 years purchasing experience is required.
Physical and Environmental Requirements:
- Must be capable of mobility in a manufacturing environment.
- Must be able to sit or stand for extended periods of time.
- Must be able to write and perform data input.
- Must be fluent at reading, speaking, and writing English, including technical vocabulary.
- Must be able to travel.
- Must possess a valid driver's license and capable of obtaining a passport
Conditions of Employment:
This position requires the incumbent to stay current with the latest technology and participate in skills upgrading current knowledge. This position requires periodic travel within the USA and internationally. Therefore, the incumbent must be able to obtain and maintain a valid passport. Duties and responsibilities may be added, deleted, or changed at any time at the discretion of management, formally or informally, either verbally or in writing. Grundfos Pumps does not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, color, religion, national origin, age, disability or veteran status in provision of our employment opportunities and benefits.
Notice for candidates from Russia and Central Asia
If you are a candidate from any of the below mentioned countries wishing to explore employment opportunities with Grundfos, we would like to firstly thank you for your interest, and urge you to visit the job page of your country to apply for specific positions that interest you, rather than create a talent profile in
our system. This is suggested to ensure full compliance with the data privacy
requirements of your country.
Russia, Belarus, Kazakhstan, Uzbekistan, Turkmenistan, Tajikistan, Afghanistan, Kyrgyzstan
Grundfos now has a global recruiting system in place, supporting our ambition to provide a qualitative user experience to all our candidates.
To be updated on all career opportunities that might interest you as a candidate, we ask you to create a Talent Profile and set up a job alert so that you will be notified when a position that matches your criteria is posted. Creating a profile will also enable Grundfos recruiters to search and find your CV for when your education and experience match a role we are actively working to fill.
Thank you for your interest in Grundfos.