The overall purpose for of the HR Director is to coordinate and deliver people activities to achieve the business goals set for Peerless Pump Company. This position will be responsible for strategy deployment to HR Operations support for all Peerless Pump Company facilities. The HR Director will report to the General Manager of Peerless Pump Company. This role will work with the leadership team and the Grundfos One HR team to decide which external providers, people processes and tools that are beneficial for the Peerless organization. If there is a deviation from global standards, the HR Director will ensure that matters will be aligned and communicated in an appropriate time. This position will work out of the Indianapolis, IN facility.
- Support the organizational development and design of Peerless Pump Company to improve the overall performance of the business.
- Support the footprint activities of Peerless Pump Company, from Business case to execution.
- Responsible for change management related activities including comprehensive communication and involvement of relevant stakeholders, in close collaboration with the General Manager.
- Deployment of GPS – focusing on People Pillar and Health & Safety.
- Ensure the right capabilities available in the organization.
- Support the creation of excellent and high-performance teams and team competences.
- Carry out people review from start-up to calibration.
- Ensure coherence between organizational development, performance-, talent management and succession planning.
- Sparring partner with local management and managers regarding organizational design and development.
- Deploy a people performance management approach fostering a strong financial and commercial understanding, strong individual contribution as well as a contribution to the totality.
- Deployment of outstanding target-setting balancing individual performance, behavior and contribution to the success of colleagues.
- Ensure deployment of performance & development dialogues encouraging strong individual performance and development opportunities.
- Deploy a performance management approach within the framework of the values – both including what and how.
Training and People Development
- Deploy and follow up/actively work with the Performance & Development Dialogue in close cooperation with the line managers.
- Coordinate and deploy development of competencies needed. Identifying the needs and actively propose development areas to enable the organization / individual to close the gaps, eg. by identifying training needs, suppliers etc.
- Provide employees with opportunities and frame works that enable them to be high performing with excellent skills and competences. This includes professional and technical skills and competences as well as personal competences.
- Carry out ad hoc training, based on train the trainer principles.
- Training and development activities includes all levels in the organization, including production assembly staff.
- Support HR Services to ensure an excellent and streamlined recruitment process.
- Ensure a flexible manning structure which enables the organization to follow the demand of sales.
- An excellent induction program for both new leaders and new employees including a series of mandatory building blocks. This includes introducing new employees in the company in cooperation with the line manager.
Employee Engagement and Retention
- Coordinating and driving the engagement surveys. This includes setting up the structure, questionnaire and reports validation, incl. translation and language validation etc. It also includes presentation of the result to the Management Team as well as follow-up on actions in close cooperation with the line managers.
- Driving incentive/bonus programs and salary structure in alignment with relevant guidelines.
- Motivation programs.
- The responsibilities may include the responsibility for miscellaneous hygiene factors such as managing the canteen, family day, company days etc.
- Develop local people policies needed for a successful implementation of the Peerless business aligned with global guidelines/policies.
- HR Compliance and labor relationship.
- Follow up on changes in local legislation, and ensuring that the companies follow the guidelines, including health & safety issues.
- Responsible for exiting individual employees in accordance with values as well as local legislation. This includes termination of contracts, exit interviews etc. Responsible for the termination process.
Required Education and Experience:
Bachelors' degree in Human Resource Management or related field. is required. A master's degree in Business Administration or Human Resource Management is preferred. Successful candidates will have a minimum of seven (7) years experiencing in HR business partnering experience within an industrial organization.
- Experience supporting organizations with an end to end responsibility, including manufacturing environments is required.
- Organizational design experience is required.
- Experience in leading HR agendas through business transformation is required.
- Experience with business transformations and optimizing organizational designs is critical.
- Proven experience advising and developing talents.
- Strong knowledge of HR best practices and processes.
- Strong knowledge of USA employment laws and regulations.
- Demonstrated ability to mediate, persuade, and influence business leaders and managers at all levels.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with strong presentation skills.
- Excellent organizational skills with the ability to manage competing priorities.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Experience with SAP Success Factors is preferred.
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally, approximately 25%. Should be able to maintain a valid passport.
Notice for candidates from Russia and Central Asia
If you are a candidate from any of the below mentioned countries wishing to explore employment opportunities with Grundfos, we would like to firstly thank you for your interest, and urge you to visit the job page of your country to apply for specific positions that interest you, rather than create a talent profile in
our system. This is suggested to ensure full compliance with the data privacy
requirements of your country.
Russia, Belarus, Kazakhstan, Uzbekistan, Turkmenistan, Tajikistan, Afghanistan, Kyrgyzstan
Grundfos now has a global recruiting system in place, supporting our ambition to provide a qualitative user experience to all our candidates.
To be updated on all career opportunities that might interest you as a candidate, we ask you to create a Talent Profile and set up a job alert so that you will be notified when a position that matches your criteria is posted. Creating a profile will also enable Grundfos recruiters to search and find your CV for when your education and experience match a role we are actively working to fill.
Thank you for your interest in Grundfos.