The Environmental Health and Safety Manager is responsible for the day-to-day EHS regulatory compliance programs and continuous improvement activities and ensuring conformance with the Grundfos Group EHS Standards and requirements. The Environment and Safety Manager manages plant-level environmental and safety programs to maintain a safe work environment, strict regulatory compliance (CalOSHA, EPA, DOT, etc.), ISO 14001 and OSHAS 18001 certification, and Grundfos Corporate sustainability initiatives. The EHS Manager will report directly to the Plant Director and will operate daily in the Fresno, CA facility. Relocation support for this position is available. Support for Work Authorization is not provided.
- Implement and manage all Grundfos Global Group EHS requirements and projects for the facility as they are developed and deployed.
- Perform regular Safety, Loss Prevention, and training audits and enforce safety regulations. Make recommendations to correct or eliminate hazards and ensure effective implementation of corrective actions.
- Ensure thorough investigations of accidents and OSHA complaints are conducted in a timely manner and proper courses of action are taken to ensure a safe workplace and compliance with OSHA / Cal-OSHA regulations.
- Actively participate in Grundfos Group EHS conferences, focus groups and initiatives as directed.
- Consult, analyze, and recommend safe work methods relative to current and new programs.
- Direct and oversee EHS Committee activities and provide direction technical guidance to the EHS Committees as needed.
- Prepare, analyze, track, and recommend solutions for hazardous conditions. Analyze Workers’ Compensation activity to develop, implement, manage, and evaluate safety objectives.
- Serve as the main contact point for all workers compensation cases and collaborate with Human Resources to manage claims from the time it is initiated through the final release to duty.
- Ensure contractor compliance with safety regulations and plant policies by indoctrinating potential contractors to familiarize them with plant procedures and standards.
- Complete all required annual Environmental Reporting i.e. SARA, air permitting, water permitting, etc.
- Maintain the Environmental, Health and Safety Management System in accordance with ISO 14001 environmental standards and OHSAS 18001 Health & safety requirements;
- Actively track and report KPIs at least monthly to Local, Regional, and Global management teams.
- Maintain EHS Monitoring and Measurement systems, including Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s) as set forth by local and global management.
- Provide day-to-day guidance and technical expertise on all EHS related issues that may arise.
Required Education & Experience:
Bachelor's Degree in Safety Engineering, or similar field is required. A minimum of 5 years progressive experience in industrial, electrical or safety engineering, regulatory compliance and California environmental regulatory compliance is required.
- A minimum of 5 years leading and managing EHS requirements and projects for a manufacturing facility.
- Experience leading and managing EHS teams and processes within a large organization is required. Experience in a global manufacturing environment is highly preferred.
- Ability managing the Safety, Loss Prevention, and training audits and enforcing safety regulations.
- Proven experience leading investigations of accidents and OSHA complaints.
- Extensive experience with Workers’ Compensation activities in developing, implementing, managing and evaluating safety objectives.
- Must have experience managing contractors and ensuring their compliance with safety regulations and plant policies, procedures and standards.
- Experience with annual Environmental Reporting (i.e. SARA, air permitting, water permitting, etc.).
- Experience with EHS processes in facilities with ISO 14001 environmental standards and OHSAS 18001 Health & safety requirements.
- Experience tracking and reporting EHS KPIs.
- Strong communication skills with the ability to interact within all levels of the organization.
- Must be able to travel up to 15% domestically and internationally when necessary. Candidates need to be able to maintain a valid passport.
Notice for candidates from Russia and Central Asia
If you are a candidate from any of the below mentioned countries wishing to explore employment opportunities with Grundfos, we would like to firstly thank you for your interest, and urge you to visit the job page of your country to apply for specific positions that interest you, rather than create a talent profile in
our system. This is suggested to ensure full compliance with the data privacy
requirements of your country.
Russia, Belarus, Kazakhstan, Uzbekistan, Turkmenistan, Tajikistan, Afghanistan, Kyrgyzstan
Grundfos now has a global recruiting system in place, supporting our ambition to provide a qualitative user experience to all our candidates.
To be updated on all career opportunities that might interest you as a candidate, we ask you to create a Talent Profile and set up a job alert so that you will be notified when a position that matches your criteria is posted. Creating a profile will also enable Grundfos recruiters to search and find your CV for when your education and experience match a role we are actively working to fill.
Thank you for your interest in Grundfos.