Would you like to join a regional organization where being responsible and thinking ahead drive everything we do? At Grundfos, we have strong sustainability goals, and we rely on innovative products and technology to achieve them.
In this role, you will ensure the strategic sourcing of increasingly important Cast Iron products to support our overall ambition of making a positive impact. Moreover, you will join a truly international team with stakeholders positioned in Europe.
Manage strategic sourcing of Cast Iron products
You will join our regional sourcing function within Grundfos Group Purchasing. Based at our headquarters in Bjerringbro, Denmark, you will be responsible for the strategic sourcing processes for Cast Iron category, including handling any commercial issues during the agreement validity period. You will build and use your knowledge of the supplier’s market, technologies, product- and price trends as well as existing and future opportunities in the market as you:
- Prepare a long-term sourcing strategy based on the segmentation of external market information and internal business plans to be approved by the category team (purchase management and relevant stakeholders)
- Manage tendering processes RFI/RFQ
- Prepare negotiation strategies and run negotiation processes with the involvement of relevant stakeholders
- Secure that the negotiation is closed by signing a Grundfos framework agreement (FWA)
- Ensure that contract coverage for the category is according to target
Step into a regional role
Joining a regional function, you can expect to travel up to 40 days per year to suppliers and Grundfos factories. Further, you will play an important part in supporting needs and finding the best solutions in collaboration with the broader Grundfos organization. This ensures that we have the proper supply base. Moreover, you make sure that requirements for the sourcing projects are fulfilled in due time working alongside stakeholders across functions and departments.
Mechanical background and sourcing experience
- You have a degree in engineering, preferably mechanical
- You have 5+ years of experience as a sourcing manager or equivalent.
- You have experience working with Cast Iron and/ or machining
- You are an experienced negotiator
- You have experience with strategy creation and strategic sourcing processes.
- You are a great communicator and an experienced negotiator who can engage with internal and external stakeholders at all levels.
- You are a strong collaborator who enjoy working in a global and multi-cultural setting.
If you have questions or want to know more about the position, please contact Senior Purchase Director, EMEA, Morten Tordrup Andersen on +45 24 83 03 18.
If this job sounds appealing to you, please send your resume and cover letter today or as soon as possible by clicking on “Apply”. We expect to conduct interviews on an ongoing basis and we will take down the position once the right candidate is found.
We look forward to hearing from you.
Notice for candidates from Russia and Central Asia
If you are a candidate from any of the below mentioned countries wishing to explore employment opportunities with Grundfos, we would like to firstly thank you for your interest, and urge you to visit the job page of your country to apply for specific positions that interest you, rather than create a talent profile in
our system. This is suggested to ensure full compliance with the data privacy
requirements of your country.
Russia, Belarus, Kazakhstan, Uzbekistan, Turkmenistan, Tajikistan, Afghanistan, Kyrgyzstan
Grundfos now has a global recruiting system in place, supporting our ambition to provide a qualitative user experience to all our candidates.
To be updated on all career opportunities that might interest you as a candidate, we ask you to create a Talent Profile and set up a job alert so that you will be notified when a position that matches your criteria is posted. Creating a profile will also enable Grundfos recruiters to search and find your CV for when your education and experience match a role we are actively working to fill.
Thank you for your interest in Grundfos.