This position is in the US Tech Center, Brookshire, Texas. The Tech Center supports the US region with detailed design, technology, and product platform support for existing and new product development.
The Tech Center is a part of Grundfos’ Product and Offerings development organization and this position will work closely together with colleagues around the world.
This job focuses on development, product support and service support for electrical control systems and electronic equipment, deployed on Grundfos product in the region.
Responsible for working within assigned agile teams, focused on supporting existing, and developing new variants of electrical and control product for the region. This will be facilitated by close collaboration with other stake holders, (e.g. Product Management and Production) to secure reliable and robust product. Grundfos processes and tools will be used to facilitate the design, verification and optimization of developed solutions, in terms of functionalities and performances.
Accountable for providing electrical and controls knowledge to develop solutions for projects and activities. E.g. Closed loop control design, system performance analysis, motor and controller (VFD) interaction and setup, communication protocols, and PLC programming.
Make specialist recommendations to Business Development, Engineering and Field Service, regarding feasibility and recommendations on new product or existing product modifications. This to include the drafting of technical engineering specifications as ideas mature into project roadmaps.
Provides specialist product support to other stake holders when necessary to answer questions or resolve issues. (e.g. Operations, Service etc.)
Support Quality in identifying root cause reasons for non-conforming electrical product or component issues, to increase reliability and reduce product failure. Will propose and facilitate the implementation of good practices within Engineering and other areas to improve product quality and reliability.
Duties and responsibilities may be added, deleted, or changed at any time at the discretion of management, formally or informally, either verbally or in writing.
Plan project activities within a team environment, establishing steps, gates and lead times to facilitate execution.
Qualification and Requirements
- Education: B.Sc. or M.Sc. in Electrical Engineering and 5-10 years of relevant professional business experience
- Must have practical experience with:
- The concept of Control scheme architecture, in terms of modelling, integration, optimization and deployment.
- Bus communication systems, protocols and hardware - Modbus RTU, Modbus TCP/IP, BACnet, PROFINET, Profibus, LON, Bluetooth wireless technology.
- PLC programming (Allen Bradley, Siemens)
- MS Office suite
Knowledge of the following is Advantageous:
- GENI communication protocol
- MS Visual Studio, Python, C++, MATLAB and LabVIEW
- Scada system integration
- Design systems to meet EMI requirements
- Azure based IoT. solutions
- Good communication skills in English - verbal and written. Ability to present information to groups (MS PowerPoint) and converse with all levels within the company.
- Experience with project planning methods and tools (MS Project, MS Teams, MS Planner)
- Able to travel domestically and internationally
- Possess a valid driver’s license
- Be able to work in an office as well as manufacturing environments, sitting, standing, and ability to lift up to 50lbs, may be required.
- Able to work outside normal office hours, as may be required in relation to travel or collaboration with global peers (such as early morning or late evening meetings).
- Within the scope of this Job Description, adhere to the Company’s ISO Quality Programs and Company Policies
- Interpersonal / Cooperative skills - working together with direct colleagues and other parts of the global organization.
- Structured and conscientious - ensuring high-quality and timely deliverables.
- Able to keep a level head when working on multiple tasks concurrently.
- Able to deal with ambiguity and work under time pressure.
- Able to work in a team or individually, with other departments in Grundfos, in a self-organizing, team focused culture.
Notice for candidates from Russia and Central Asia
If you are a candidate from any of the below mentioned countries wishing to explore employment opportunities with Grundfos, we would like to firstly thank you for your interest, and urge you to visit the job page of your country to apply for specific positions that interest you, rather than create a talent profile in
our system. This is suggested to ensure full compliance with the data privacy
requirements of your country.
Russia, Belarus, Kazakhstan, Uzbekistan, Turkmenistan, Tajikistan, Afghanistan, Kyrgyzstan
Grundfos now has a global recruiting system in place, supporting our ambition to provide a qualitative user experience to all our candidates.
To be updated on all career opportunities that might interest you as a candidate, we ask you to create a Talent Profile and set up a job alert so that you will be notified when a position that matches your criteria is posted. Creating a profile will also enable Grundfos recruiters to search and find your CV for when your education and experience match a role we are actively working to fill.
Thank you for your interest in Grundfos.