Responsible for the scheduling of appropriate Production activities, analyzing, evaluating and calculating optimum inventory control elements, managing Stock Transport Orders between the branches, and acting as the primary Sales and branch interface.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Act as the primary interface between Sales and Production Control personnel. Facilitate sales orders and subsequent supply repositioning.
- Analyze the supply line and adjust all planning modifiers to facilitate the optimum demand signal to purchasing (Utilize APICS philosophies to properly calculate reorder points, economic order quantities, and safety stock levels).
- Timely generation of Production Orders for all Production order driven product lines to meet demands of MRS, MRP and final assembly schedule. Prioritize work to production floor.
- Review internal stock transfer requests for components and finished goods for branches; facilitate the completion of internal requisitions from stock.
- Partner with Buyers/Branch Personnel to maintain the optimum inventory levels, increase inventory turns and reduce the past due order backlog.
- Code all relevant fields within SAP for non-standard part number requests.
- Maintain all relevant fields within SAP for standard part numbers (safety stock, ROP, EOQ, etc.)
- Active participation in process improvement teams.
- Lead and train coworkers in responsibilities associated with the Planner role.
- Measure and control output to supervision as required by providing metrics.
- Duties and responsibilities may be added, deleted, or changed at any time at the discretion of management, formally or informally, verbally or in writing.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
1. Knowledge of closed loop manufacturing principals and MRP theory.
2. Analytical aptitude; ability to mathematically and statistically analyze and interpret data.
3. Understanding/Familiarity with Lean manufacturing concepts.
4. Above average working knowledge of SAP.
5. High level knowledge of MS Excel.
6. Ability to communicate clearly and effective.
7. Ability to problem solve complicated task in a timely manner.
8. Effective capacity planning skills with in depth resource knowledge.
Education and Experience:
Bachelor’s Degree is preferred, minimum 3-5 years experience in a production control environment or 3-5 years experience in inventory control, machine scheduling required. Purchasing experience a plus. Professional Certificate such as APICS /CPIM recommended.
Notice for candidates from Russia and Central Asia
If you are a candidate from any of the below mentioned countries wishing to explore employment opportunities with Grundfos, we would like to firstly thank you for your interest, and urge you to visit the job page of your country to apply for specific positions that interest you, rather than create a talent profile in
our system. This is suggested to ensure full compliance with the data privacy
requirements of your country.
Russia, Belarus, Kazakhstan, Uzbekistan, Turkmenistan, Tajikistan, Afghanistan, Kyrgyzstan
Grundfos now has a global recruiting system in place, supporting our ambition to provide a qualitative user experience to all our candidates.
To be updated on all career opportunities that might interest you as a candidate, we ask you to create a Talent Profile and set up a job alert so that you will be notified when a position that matches your criteria is posted. Creating a profile will also enable Grundfos recruiters to search and find your CV for when your education and experience match a role we are actively working to fill.
Thank you for your interest in Grundfos.