The Engineering Job Coordinator is accountable for reviewing and processing each configurable sales order that requires engineering input in terms of accuracy and clarity. They are responsible for managing each sales order entering engineering, and establishing its route through, depending on complexity, i.e. from simple configuration to heavy engineering input. They are also accountable for supporting product introduction and maintenance activities with respect to ERP system data (SAP). For both these accountabilities, the role is responsible for all activity relating to material master data, ensuring that bill of materials (BOMs) are accurate and current.
The Engineering Job Coordinator will be responsible for creating part numbers and BOMs for new product variant without direct engineering supervision. The role will also help other members of the engineering department in the creation of accurate parts and BOMS. In addition, they will work with Materials, Finance, Manufacturing and other salient departments to ensure any updates and additional material master maintenance requirements are correctly processed. The Engineering Job Coordinator will also be the “Superuser” for the department and facilitate the use of improved process and help create documentation and work instruction for training purposes.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Review Sales Orders entering engineering for accuracy and clarity
- Coordinate logistics of sales orders through Engineering with relevant Product Engineers
- Create new part numbers and BOMs by populating all relevant fields in SAP
- Create BOMs for production and non-production components as requested
- Train and assist other members of the engineering department with BOMS and part numbers
- Ensure operations, parts nomenclature, and BOM structure are correct and consistent for all BOMs
- Familiar with use and management of routings in coordination with Manufacturing Engineering
- Analyze BOMs and determine changes that need to be made to keep them up-to-date
- Coordinate with engineers in the execution of engineering change masters (ECMs)
- Investigate and determine the validity of any BOM change requests and decide on the appropriate action
- Work with product development on any additional billing or product introductions
- Maintain material master and ensure the integrity of parts and BOM information
- Coordinate on reports and data on BOMs and use other sources of information (e.g. variance reports) to make changes to material standards
- Work with primary suppliers with respect to 3rd party part numbers used indirectly in SAP
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Performs work according to the highest quality standards to produce a superior end product, meeting or exceeding customer expectations
- Knowledge of ISO 9001 standards is an asset
- Ability to work with customer specifications and industry standards
- Practical mechanical aptitude and the ability to manage multiple, divergent priorities, and work effectively independently or in a team with a high degree of accuracy in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to present a positive, competent image to customers, problem solve and apply sound judgment and discretion
- Demonstrated leadership skills and ability to foster collaboration, accountability and customer-centricity. Superior communication skills including strong written and verbal English language competency to receive and give information
- Understanding of product offering and components is an asset.
- Strong customer service focus, sense of urgency to meet or exceed customer expectations, and achieve daily commitments
- Strong proficiency in the use of SAP and/or ERP systems, Microsoft Office including MS Excel, and product sizing software (Grundfos Express Suite – GXS)
Education and Experience:
- Associates degree in Engineering or other related technical field preferred; or a combination of training, education and experience.
- 3-5 years’ experience working with parts and BOMs in an ERP system
- Use of ERP system within a manufacturing environment is preferred.
Physical and Environmental Requirements:
- Prolonged periods in a seated position utilizing a phone and computer with occasional twisting to reach equipment on des; performs simple grasping, listens with sufficient acuity to perform all aspects of the job.
- Occasionally lifts up to 10 lbs.
- Daily visits made to various internal departments.
- Periodic visits made to other Grundfos or customer sites in and out of the United States.
Conditions of Employment:
This position requires the incumbent to stay current with the latest technology and participate in skills upgrading
This position requires periodic travel within the USA and internationally. Therefore, the incumbent must be able to obtain and maintain a valid passport.
Duties and responsibilities may be added, deleted, or changed at any time at the discretion of management, formally or informally, either verbally or in writing.
Grundfos Pumps does not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, color, religion, national origin, age, disability or veteran status in provision of our employment opportunities and benefits.
Notice for candidates from Russia and Central Asia
If you are a candidate from any of the below mentioned countries wishing to explore employment opportunities with Grundfos, we would like to firstly thank you for your interest, and urge you to visit the job page of your country to apply for specific positions that interest you, rather than create a talent profile in
our system. This is suggested to ensure full compliance with the data privacy
requirements of your country.
Russia, Belarus, Kazakhstan, Uzbekistan, Turkmenistan, Tajikistan, Afghanistan, Kyrgyzstan
Grundfos now has a global recruiting system in place, supporting our ambition to provide a qualitative user experience to all our candidates.
To be updated on all career opportunities that might interest you as a candidate, we ask you to create a Talent Profile and set up a job alert so that you will be notified when a position that matches your criteria is posted. Creating a profile will also enable Grundfos recruiters to search and find your CV for when your education and experience match a role we are actively working to fill.
Thank you for your interest in Grundfos.