The Project Engineer is responsible for providing technical support for the Order Winning, Order Fulfillment and field service of engineered-to-order (ETO) business. The objective is to develop drawings and documentation to meet customer specification and order requirements and translate the requirements into our business systems. This position will communicate and collaborate with every level, working particularly close in supporting project managers.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- This position entails responsibility of modeling & detailing of HVAC, plumbing systems and potable water utility distribution systems
- This position involves complete HVAC equipment selection including hot water boilers and associated equipment, chillers/cooling towers and water utility distribution pump skids.
- Design of water side distribution system including pumps selection, design of piping system, expansion tank, air separator etc.
- Perform technical review and data collection from customer documentation and technical standards
- Identify preorder and quotation requirements through early order screening process
- Obtain supplier quotes for custom and special components in cooperation with the ETO Buyer
- Must be able to explore design options and implement design concepts
- Produce customer specific drawings and documentation from customer specifications, drawings, purchase order and order write up including
- Prepare and compile shop drawing submittal package. This includes obtaining and qualifying supplier submittal data packages
- Review returned submittal and shop drawings for changes in cooperation with the Project Manager
- Update supplier quotes to reflect approved equipment (as required)
- Create factory testing protocols and configuration drawings
- Work with APM to compile installation, operation and maintenance (IOM) package, including creation of job-specific IOMs and qualification of all supplier documentation
- Perform work, promote teamwork and communicate in conjunction with our culture and corporate standards (Safety/Environmental, Quality, Continuous Improvement, Communication, Internal Controls, etc.)
- Maintain a well-organized, accurate and up-to-date record of the progression of all assigned projects
- Maintains and demonstrates a culture of collaboration
- Other duties as assigned.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Working knowledge of design software AutoCAD and SolidWorks, etc.
- Ability to create P&ID’s and General Arrangement drawings. Will be required to check Skid Fabrication and Pipe Fabrication drawings with accuracy for shop fabricators to build.
- Experience in plumbing design or other piping systems a plus.
- Good communication skills, both oral and written are a must. A strong work ethic is very important including multitasking ability.
- Understanding of pump principals, pump construction, hydraulics, application of products, and accessories a plus.
- Knowledge of national and/or international standards for pump packages.
- Must have a strong familiarity of computer software including: Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Access, Power Point, Adobe Acrobat, etc.)
- Must have ability to develop a positive relationship our Customers, sales, production, procurement, quality, and all other internal teams.
- May be required to travel to meetings with Customers and to field sites
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical, Civil or Industrial Engineering or other technical degree required; or a combination of training, education and experience.
- Experience with rotating and hydraulic equipment including drivers, controls, and interface is desired, including skid and pipe fabrication.
- Working knowledge of ANSI, ASME, ASHRAE, NEC, and NSF-61, codes is preferred.
- 2-5 years engineering experience with pump manufacturer is preferred.
Physical and Environmental Requirements:
- Prolonged periods in a seated position utilizing a phone and computer with occasional twisting to reach equipment on desk; performs simple grasping, listens with sufficient acuity to perform all aspects of the job.
- Occasionally lifts up to 5 lbs.
- Daily visits made to various internal departments.
- Periodic visits made to other Grundfos or customer sites in and out of the United States.
FLSA Status: Exempt
Conditions of Employment:
This position requires the incumbent to stay current with the latest technology and participate in skills upgrading.
This position requires periodic travel within the USA and internationally. Therefore, the incumbent must be able to obtain and maintain a valid passport.
Duties and responsibilities may be added, deleted, or changed at any time at the discretion of management, formally or informally, either verbally or in writing.
Grundfos Pumps does not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, color, religion, national origin, age, disability or veteran status in provision of our employment opportunities and benefits.
Notice for candidates from Russia and Central Asia
If you are a candidate from any of the below mentioned countries wishing to explore employment opportunities with Grundfos, we would like to firstly thank you for your interest, and urge you to visit the job page of your country to apply for specific positions that interest you, rather than create a talent profile in
our system. This is suggested to ensure full compliance with the data privacy
requirements of your country.
Russia, Belarus, Kazakhstan, Uzbekistan, Turkmenistan, Tajikistan, Afghanistan, Kyrgyzstan
Grundfos now has a global recruiting system in place, supporting our ambition to provide a qualitative user experience to all our candidates.
To be updated on all career opportunities that might interest you as a candidate, we ask you to create a Talent Profile and set up a job alert so that you will be notified when a position that matches your criteria is posted. Creating a profile will also enable Grundfos recruiters to search and find your CV for when your education and experience match a role we are actively working to fill.
Thank you for your interest in Grundfos.