The Product Engineer works within the Customer Service Unit (CSU) Engineering team and is responsible for the technical design, support and management of Engineered to Order (ETO) and Configure to Order (CTO) sales orders received into engineering. This involves managing these sales orders with the Application Engineers by understanding customer requirements and providing direct feedback and support as the order progresses from submittal to final shipment.
Principal Duties & Responsibilities.
1. Prepare necessary product engineering data to support sales requests.
2. Work closely with sales to compile technical data for customer submittal packages.
3. Process and manage special orders for custom product that require custom design, analysis and testing.
4. Manage progress of Custom sales order in conjunction with appropriate departments – Purchasing, Materials, and Quality etc – to ensure lead times and customer requirements are fulfilled.
5. Responsible for the creation of custom parts, Bills of Materials (BOM), drawings and routing accuracies with managed sales orders within our MRP system.
6. Manage Engineering Change Master (ECM) process for broadcast to Operations and Business activities, advising in a clear and concise manner detail of changes and the resulting impact on product, inventory and departments affected.
7. Responsible for maintaining engineering integrity of design modifications on any locally manufactured product lines.
8. Respond and liaise with Product Management and those technically responsible for product to capture and examine any product trend requests from customers
Product / Project Management
1. Interface with Engineering Manager to manage maintenance and developmental needs for various product lines, with a focus on continual product improvement.
2. Evaluate and report on new materials, technology, techniques for improving manufacturing and service of the product line.
3. Interface with Manufacturing Engineering on new designs for optimum costs, manufacturability and ease of assembly.
4. Provide engineering calculations required for bearing loads, thrust loads, (axial and radial) and stress calculations to insure structural integrity of new and existing components, and performance data on new and existing products. Prepares formal report on completion of assigned projects, as required.
5. Support the Materials and Quality departments in securing/maintaining part supply chain and vendor quality.
1. Regularly assess department and company methodologies and procedures in respect to continual improvement, focusing on increased operational efficiency and quality (On Time Delivery and defect reduction).
2. Support and possibly conduct facilities and customer energy audits.
3. Interact with company personnel at all levels, customers and suppliers with respect, tact and discretion.
Education & Experience
Bachelor of Science Degree in Mechanical Engineering (BSME) preferred or equivalent experience in specific pump application.
Required Knowledge, Skills & Habilities
1. Expert knowledge of Grundfos products and pumping applications.
2. Sufficient education and experience to learn, troubleshoot, and train others in applications.
3. Excellent communication, analytical, interpersonal, and customer service skills.
4. Ability to manage multiple tasks and/or projects on a daily and strategic level.
5. Proficiency in the use AutoCAD, Microsoft products including Power Point, Excel and Word and working knowledge of Catia and SAP.
Physical & Environmental Requirements
1. Ability to perform engineering duties in a production, test, and field environment
2. Prolonged periods in a seated position utilizing a phone and computer with occasional twisting to reach equipment on des; performs simple grasping, listens with sufficient acuity to perform all aspects of the job.
Conditions of employment.
Duties and responsibilities may be added, deleted, or changed at any time at the discretion of management, formally or informally, either verbally or in writing.
Grundfos Pumps does not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, color, religion, national origin, age, disability or veteran status in provision of our employment opportunities and benefits.
Notice for candidates from Russia and Central Asia
If you are a candidate from any of the below mentioned countries wishing to explore employment opportunities with Grundfos, we would like to firstly thank you for your interest, and urge you to visit the job page of your country to apply for specific positions that interest you, rather than create a talent profile in
our system. This is suggested to ensure full compliance with the data privacy
requirements of your country.
Russia, Belarus, Kazakhstan, Uzbekistan, Turkmenistan, Tajikistan, Afghanistan, Kyrgyzstan
Grundfos now has a global recruiting system in place, supporting our ambition to provide a qualitative user experience to all our candidates.
To be updated on all career opportunities that might interest you as a candidate, we ask you to create a Talent Profile and set up a job alert so that you will be notified when a position that matches your criteria is posted. Creating a profile will also enable Grundfos recruiters to search and find your CV for when your education and experience match a role we are actively working to fill.
Thank you for your interest in Grundfos.