Warehouse operations are an integral part of a company's business strategy. Efficient warehouse operations can ensure that a company ships and receives vital stock in time for replenishment on store shelves or in manufacturing facilities We are looking for an Warehouse Supervisor to join our Operations team in Grundfos India
- Supervise the warehouse team and manage day to day warehouse operations
- Monitor warehouse activities to ensure that goods are stored correctly and warehouse space is used efficiently.
- Provide a safe working environment, adhering to Health, Safety, 5S and Environmental procedures and ensuring they are understood and practiced by the team at all times
- Ensure that all relevant procedures and processes are followed and adhered to in line with the Company’s procedures and requirements
- Responsible for driving Standard Work and ensuring quality processes are implemented to ensure a "Right First Time" product to the internal customer aligned with their expectation
- Monitor the effectiveness of operating procedures, space utilisation, and protection of equipment and make recommendations for improvements.
- Safeguards warehouse operations and contents by establishing and monitoring security procedures and protocols.
- Controls inventory levels by conducting physical counts (stock take); reconciling with data storage system.
- Maintains physical condition of warehouse by planning and implementing new design layouts; inspecting equipments; issuing work orders for repair and requisitions for replacement.
- Maintains warehouse staff by recruiting, selecting, orienting, and training employees.
- Prioritise and assign tasks to ensure that the resources are used effectively and targets are met.
- Train new workers in the operating procedures and standards of the organization.
- Identify errors and eliminate root cause using robust countermeasures
- Manage the implementation of engineering changes, production trials, model change and pilot build ensuring robust product life cycles
- Implement warehouse and management systems and working practices in line with best practice and continuous improvement
- Monitor and review operational methods to facilitate both qualitative and quantitative improvements within the operation whilst ensuring continuous customer service
- Monitor and maintain stock accuracy by ensuring the physical stock is in line with the warehouse management system and ensure all stock movements are recorded to ensure accuracy
- Maintain the management of supplier return packaging
- Monitor stock levels in order to highlight minimum and excess levels and therefore prevent storage capacity issues shortages
- Diploma or BE with 5-7 years of work experience in Warehouse
- Strong experience with warehouse management (SAP WM) software and databases
- Ability to lead minor processes or projects.
- Proven work experience as a warehouse manager
- Expertise in warehouse management procedures and best practices
- Proven ability to implement process improvement initiatives
- Strong knowledge of warehousing Key Performance Indicators (KPIs)
- Leadership skills and ability manage staff
- Strong decision making and problem solving skills
- Excellent communication skills
This position will be based out of Chennai Plant
If this sounds appealing to you, please upload your CV/resume and cover letter today via our Careers portal.
We look forward to hearing from you.
Water is our business. With our pumps and pump solutions, we set the standard and keep raising the bar when it comes to water and energy efficiency and protecting the environment. We are passionate about what we do and want to make a difference every day. Want to explore the Grundfos universe further? Visit our website on: http://www.grundfos.com/
OR Visit us on LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/5195
Notice for candidates from Russia and Central Asia
If you are a candidate from any of the below mentioned countries wishing to explore employment opportunities with Grundfos, we would like to firstly thank you for your interest, and urge you to visit the job page of your country to apply for specific positions that interest you, rather than create a talent profile in
our system. This is suggested to ensure full compliance with the data privacy
requirements of your country.
Russia, Belarus, Kazakhstan, Uzbekistan, Turkmenistan, Tajikistan, Afghanistan, Kyrgyzstan
Grundfos now has a global recruiting system in place, supporting our ambition to provide a qualitative user experience to all our candidates.
To be updated on all career opportunities that might interest you as a candidate, we ask you to create a Talent Profile and set up a job alert so that you will be notified when a position that matches your criteria is posted. Creating a profile will also enable Grundfos recruiters to search and find your CV for when your education and experience match a role we are actively working to fill.
Thank you for your interest in Grundfos.