Materials Engineer to support our Simulation Driven Development journey
Would you like to use your networking and professional skills in a research environment and help us to even more success? And can you coordinate planned test programs efficiently keeping a rock-solid partner focus?
What is the job about?
Your primary responsibility will be to make advisory consultancy and conduct material tests and analysis, to help us better understand how and why materials react as they do. You will be the Laboratory´s point of contact towards our cooperation partners within Grundfos who are driving our simulation related projects where you will have focus on:
- Mechanical tests (tensile, compression, tension/torsion, creep and fatigue testing)
- Materialographic analysis with focus on stainless steel, cast iron, aluminium, polymers, elastomers, composites and ceramics
- Failure Analysis
- Corrosion test and other exposure experiments
- Providing material models that enable us to perform Simulation Driven Development
You will be involved in the entire process from the initial client request to the reporting of the test results, and you will cooperate closely with clients and lab colleagues to support the continuous development of the laboratory’s capabilities by scouting and implementing new state of art test methods. Your tasks vary in size and complexity from short-term urgent assignments to large development projects.
What do we offer?
Join the Material Laboratory in Grundfos and be part of a team of 12 Laboratory Technicians/Engineers, who test and analyse materials and pumps for our R&D departments and production sites. You get a unique opportunity to:
- Work in a R&D organisation with a wide variety in assignments and new business areas to develop
- Be part of a market leading business with strong values and a constant focus on work-life balance
- Use your professional skills on both a theoretical and practical level and share them with your colleagues
Use your theoretical knowledge to exceed limits
In Grundfos, innovation is a cornerstone and you will be challenged on your ability to bring your theoretical knowledge into play across many different test methods, materials and assignments. Simultaneously, you use that knowledge to spar with lab colleagues and partners within our R&D organisation in order to lift the lab to an even higher professional level. Finally, you get the chance to show your drive and ambition, to grow as a Materials Engineer and to exceed your limits in the Materials Laboratory.
Strong educational background and experience with materials analysis
- You are educated as a Chemist or Materials Engineer within metallography or polymer science
- Preferably you have 3-5 years’ experience working with analysis and testing of various materials
- It is definitely an advantage if you have experience with simulation tools (e.g. ANSYS and Comsol) applied within materials science
- You are confident with applying statistical tools when making test plans and evaluating test results
- MS Office skills is a must and you are fluent in English, both in speech and writing
As a person, you are extrovert and a good networker who enjoys a good professional dialogue across functions. At the same time, you can dive into complex issues and use your well-developed analytical skills combined with a strong mindset for Quality to come up with results and conclusions that are spot-on. We often handle many simultaneous assignments, therefore you need to be able to prioritize your time spend on each case efficiently. Finally, if not satisfied with status quo, you are driven by creating improvement and results and as a strong team player you involve your colleagues to reach laboratory goals.
If you have questions or want to know more about the position, please contact Manager at the
Materials Laboratory Paul Lyck Hansen +45 5162 6588
If this job sounds appealing to you, please send your resume and motivation letter as soon as possible by clicking on “Apply”. We take candidates into the recruitment process continuously and close the position down once we have found the right candidate.
We look forward to hearing from you.
If you want to dig deeper into the Grundfos universe, please visit our Grundfos YouTube Channel here: http://www.youtube.com/grundfos or learn more about your career opportunities at Grundfos here: http://www.grundfos.com/about-us/career.html
Notice for candidates from Russia and Central Asia
If you are a candidate from any of the below mentioned countries wishing to explore employment opportunities with Grundfos, we would like to firstly thank you for your interest, and urge you to visit the job page of your country to apply for specific positions that interest you, rather than create a talent profile in
our system. This is suggested to ensure full compliance with the data privacy
requirements of your country.
Russia, Belarus, Kazakhstan, Uzbekistan, Turkmenistan, Tajikistan, Afghanistan, Kyrgyzstan
Grundfos now has a global recruiting system in place, supporting our ambition to provide a qualitative user experience to all our candidates.
To be updated on all career opportunities that might interest you as a candidate, we ask you to create a Talent Profile and set up a job alert so that you will be notified when a position that matches your criteria is posted. Creating a profile will also enable Grundfos recruiters to search and find your CV for when your education and experience match a role we are actively working to fill.
Thank you for your interest in Grundfos.