The EICA Technical Sales Manager’s (TSM) role is to promote and grow sales of Grundfos iSolution products and services within the UK Industrial market, supporting the established industry sales team across OEM, end user, MRO and distribution channels to market. The overall focus will be to develop value added sales of pumps, drives, controls, sensors, communication systems, digital offerings and services.
- Play a key role in the promotion of Grundfos Pumps as a reliable and trustworthy partner providing intelligent solutions. Geographical responsibility of sales development across Industry customer base, specific commercial and technical input to support the business and market needs to ensure accelerated growth in GB.
- Work closely with the relevant Directors of Sales, BDM’s and ASM’s to maximise sales based on iSolutions product portfolio
- Understand the markets we sell into, and work with stakeholders, to help deliver message of intelligent solutions to our customers
- Tasks and responsibilities include, designing and developing new control systems, working collaboratively with design engineers, operation engineers, purchasers and provide advice and consultancy support
- Work closely with Grundfos service engineers as part of our technical service offerings.
- Promote Grundfos iSolution campaign materials, website, create awareness and drive demand for Grundfos E Products and Controls. Create awareness and understanding of current and future trends changes regarding industrial automation linked the iSolutions product portfolio.
- Monitor product sales & KPI’s to ensure we are on track to deliver budget, maintain an accurate opportunity pipeline for reporting and forecasting.
- Have the skills to negotiate orders primarily Business to Business via original equipment manufacturers, direct end users and distribution partners as deemed appropriate, focussing predominantly on selling iSolutions products and services.
- Responsible for all local activities relating to the Customer Relationship Management to meet the business and customer needs, including full maintenance of our CRM package
- Continually improve controls and implement process improvements. Reduce non-added value work
- Engage and deliver product knowledge, application, and troubleshooting skills to the customers and colleagues, as required
- Competitor monitoring and updates on their product releases / upgrades
- To maintain customer relationship, out of hours work / entertaining / travel may be a requirement from time to time
- Engage in suitable project work as required to the benefit of Grundfos.
Grundfos duties & responsibilities:
- Participate in ad hoc tasks as defined by your line manager and/or functional manager
- Be an ambassador of the Grundfos Values
- Follow the guidelines and standards in the Grundfos Code of Conduct
- To carry out all duties and responsibilities with reasonable care for the health and safety of you and any other persons who may be affected by your acts or omissions at work and to co-operate fully with Grundfos in health and safety matters.
- Liaise with internal and external sales colleagues at all levels (at least 3 years)
- Liaise with members of the GB Management Team and Grundfos Service colleagues
- Build a strong customer relationship to ensure Grundfos are given every opportunity to ensure we maximise sales
- Sales experience in electrical instrumentation, controls and automation
- Technical experience in advanced process controllers and programmable logic controllers, system integration and networking with SCADA
- Electrotechnical engineering
- Familiarity with Microsoft and SAP Packages
- Qualifications to a minimum HNC or degree standard
- Must be able to operate at all levels both internally and with customers
- High degree of technical and product knowledge
- Confident and articulate with first class communication and negotiation skills
- Self-starter with a proactive approach and able to work on own initiative
- An understanding of business practices and ethics
- Operate in accordance with the Grundfos Values and code of conduct
- Commitment drive and enthusiasm above the average
- The ability to work in a demanding and ever-changing environment where meeting time deadlines are a key task
- Excellent organisational and prioritising skills
- Ability to identify areas for improvement and methodically drive process improvement
• Direct reporting line to: Business Development Manager – iSOLUTIONS
This job description is not incorporated into the employment contract. It is intended as a guide and should not be viewed as an inflexible specification because it may be varied from time to time in the light of strategic developments following discussion with the job holder. The job holder will be expected to work to agreed objectives which should facilitate achievement of the key responsibilities and agreed at PDD reviews.
Notice for candidates from Russia and Central Asia
If you are a candidate from any of the below mentioned countries wishing to explore employment opportunities with Grundfos, we would like to firstly thank you for your interest, and urge you to visit the job page of your country to apply for specific positions that interest you, rather than create a talent profile in
our system. This is suggested to ensure full compliance with the data privacy
requirements of your country.
Russia, Belarus, Kazakhstan, Uzbekistan, Turkmenistan, Tajikistan, Afghanistan, Kyrgyzstan
Grundfos now has a global recruiting system in place, supporting our ambition to provide a qualitative user experience to all our candidates.
To be updated on all career opportunities that might interest you as a candidate, we ask you to create a Talent Profile and set up a job alert so that you will be notified when a position that matches your criteria is posted. Creating a profile will also enable Grundfos recruiters to search and find your CV for when your education and experience match a role we are actively working to fill.
Thank you for your interest in Grundfos.