The warehouse area and responsibilities include duties performed in relation to material handling. Be environmentally conscious of work environment. This position is responsible for ensuring quality and safety at all times while performing duties which include de-crating incoming material, dispositioning material to and from warehouse locations, cycle counting, de-kitting production orders, completing stock transfer and UPS FEDX shipments along with the required packaging, preparing pumps and parts for shipment by boxing, palletizing or crating, assisting with inventory related assignments and general shop related duties, including clean up and building maintenance.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Operating a forklift either a sit down or standup to pull parts from warehouse and issue to work orders staging materials in proper areas to include warehouse, assembly, machine shop or other assigned areas. Notify supervisor or stockroom coordinator of any shortages in materials.
- Maintaining proper counts of parts pulled, stocked or staged.
- Moving materials to and from warehouse locations to any other area inside or outside of our facility.
- Receiving incoming materials and verifying proper counts per packing slip.
- Stocking parts in the proper location, and verifying and checking stock to ensure there are no shortages of parts needed for producing product.
- Preparing pumps and parts for shipping by boxing, palletizing or crating.
- Loading and unloading pumps and materials from carrier trucks using loading dock or outside delivery area.
- Confirming production orders utilizing the Grundfos ERP system SAP.
- Confirming operations on production orders by initialing the operation and completing the SAP transactions.
- Review orders for accuracy; research and analyze findings, and reconcile material shortages using SAP. Report discrepancies to supervisor in support of continuous improvement.
- Supporting and actively participating in all 5S activities on a daily basis including maintaining, department’s equipment and tools.
- Adhering to inventory control and other company procedures as applicable.
- Performing all work in compliance with company policies, procedures, legislation, regulations and direction and identify non-compliance situations for resolution.
- Complying with all health and safety initiatives to ensure the Company remains a safe workplace.
Education and Experience:
High School diploma or General Education Degree (GED) or a combination of training, education and experience.
Previous experience using SAP as well as warehouse experience, crane lift rigging, and forklift experience is preferred.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to communicate in the English language to give and receive information, influence decisions and make presentations to a wide variety of audiences.
- Ability to apply principles of mathematics to adding, subtracting, multiplying and dividing for the purposes of maintaining proper inventory counts and to maximize shipping/receiving performance.
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office software such as Word, and Excel for data entry and verification purposes.
- Ability to successfully complete forklift training. Safely operate all forklift types sit down and stand up.
- Ability to accurately and efficiently follow direction to perform duties.
- Exhibit professional conduct, cooperation, collaboration and interpersonal skills with customers, colleagues and managers.
Physical and Environmental Requirements:
- This position requires the incumbent to stand for extended periods of time, grasp tools, stoop, crouch, reach, stand, and walk when performing duties; twist and reach when moving materials.
- Specific vision abilities include close, distance and peripheral vision.
- Lifting pumps and/or boxes up to 50 lbs.
- Able to work in a non-climate controlled factory or field environment.
This position requires frequent overtime.
Tasks may be added, deleted, or changed at any time by notifying the temporary agency, at the discretion of management, formally or informally, either verbally or in writing.
Grundfos Pumps does not discriminate based on race, sex, color, religion, national origin, age, disability or veteran status or any protected grounds in the assignment of duties to temporary workers.
Notice for candidates from Russia and Central Asia
If you are a candidate from any of the below mentioned countries wishing to explore employment opportunities with Grundfos, we would like to firstly thank you for your interest, and urge you to visit the job page of your country to apply for specific positions that interest you, rather than create a talent profile in
our system. This is suggested to ensure full compliance with the data privacy
requirements of your country.
Russia, Belarus, Kazakhstan, Uzbekistan, Turkmenistan, Tajikistan, Afghanistan, Kyrgyzstan
Grundfos now has a global recruiting system in place, supporting our ambition to provide a qualitative user experience to all our candidates.
To be updated on all career opportunities that might interest you as a candidate, we ask you to create a Talent Profile and set up a job alert so that you will be notified when a position that matches your criteria is posted. Creating a profile will also enable Grundfos recruiters to search and find your CV for when your education and experience match a role we are actively working to fill.
Thank you for your interest in Grundfos.