Responsible for the design and development of all aspects of electrical control systems, equipment, and machinery as used with product manufactured by Grundfos Packaged Solutions (GPS). Work with Grundfos Development and Engineering (D&E) to understand and leverage the use of Grundfos controls and instrumentation products with Grundfos branded product portfolio. Responsible for the installation and technical support of PLC based hardware and software on the packaged systems. Responsible for the design, implementation, and improvement activities relating to the electrical distribution systems for enclosed equipment systems.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Collaborate within project teams responsible for executing new product development projects. Accountable for executing the assigned and agreed to deliverables within a development project.
- Support development projects and Engineered to Order (ETO) customer orders that require design, analysis and testing with reference to the electrical content of these projects or orders.
- Perform necessary calculations to facilitate product design, manufacture and assembly in accordance with state and federal regulations.
- Responsible for the creation of custom Bill of Material (BOM), drawings relating to product development or ETO customer orders.
- Interface with other organizational departments, customers and external bodies, in the development, maintenance and management of electrical controls and facilities infrastructure.
- Prepare specifications for purchase of electrical materials and equipment as required for development project and ETO customer orders.
- Liaise with Operations department in facilities management and supporting production.
- Provide local support for fixed I/O controls and PLC based control systems. Duties included support of control system layout, revisions of existing designs, and support during factory testing.
- Provide technical support to Field Service as required.
- Interface with Engineering on new designs to optimize manufacturability and ease of assembly in terms of product and production process.
- Collaborate with Test Engineer on design and maintenance of electrical infrastructure and instrumentation and data acquisitions within the test lab.
- Assess department and company electrical methodologies and procedures with respect to continual improvement, focusing on increased operational safety, efficiency and quality.
- Evaluate and report on new technology and techniques for improving product, manufacturing technique and serviceability of product offering
- Provides consultative support for overall facilities electrical infrastructure.
Education and Experience:
Bachelor of Science Degree in Electrical Engineering (BSME) and 5 years’ experience in controls application design and manufacture.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Excellent knowledge about electrical systems, installation procedures, circuits and design.
- Excellent knowledge of low and medium voltage power distribution systems and design, and implementation of these systems in enclosed equipment systems.
- Strong proficiency in controls application design including PLC programming and diagnostics
- Ability to work with detailed specifications and industry standards
- Sound knowledge and understanding of product and infrastructure approvals and coding (NEC, UL, NEMA etc.)
- Ability to manage multiple, divergent priorities, and work independently with a high degree of accuracy to meet customer requirements and priorities in a fast-paced environment.
- Demonstrated accountability for personal and team performance.
- Proficiency in the use of ERP systems, Microsoft Office including MS Excel, SAP and product sizing software.
- Ability to create electrical wiring diagrams in AutoCAD or similar format, for electricians to install on packaged projects.
- Superior telephone skills and strong written and verbal English language communication skills to receive and give information.
- Candiadte will need to travel as needed up to 10%. Some travel could be international thus, candidates should be able to maintain a valid passport.
Physical and Environmental Requirements:
- Ability to perform engineering duties in a production, test, and field environment
- Ability to lift and/or move up to 50 lbs.
- Prolonged periods in a seated position utilizing a phone and computer with occasional twisting to reach equipment on des; performs simple grasping, listens with enough acuity to perform all aspects of the job.
Notice for candidates from Russia and Central Asia
If you are a candidate from any of the below mentioned countries wishing to explore employment opportunities with Grundfos, we would like to firstly thank you for your interest, and urge you to visit the job page of your country to apply for specific positions that interest you, rather than create a talent profile in
our system. This is suggested to ensure full compliance with the data privacy
requirements of your country.
Russia, Belarus, Kazakhstan, Uzbekistan, Turkmenistan, Tajikistan, Afghanistan, Kyrgyzstan
Grundfos now has a global recruiting system in place, supporting our ambition to provide a qualitative user experience to all our candidates.
To be updated on all career opportunities that might interest you as a candidate, we ask you to create a Talent Profile and set up a job alert so that you will be notified when a position that matches your criteria is posted. Creating a profile will also enable Grundfos recruiters to search and find your CV for when your education and experience match a role we are actively working to fill.
Thank you for your interest in Grundfos.