The Environmental Health and Safety Manager is responsible for creating and administering environmental, health & safety policies and programs for manufacturing and office personnel, ensure compliance (OSHA, EPA, DOT, etc.), ensure conformance with the ISO 14001 and OSHAS 18001 Management Systems and analyze, evaluate, and address EHS workplace risks, hazards and accidents. The position is responsible for the day-to-day EHS regulatory compliance programs and improvement activities and ensuring conformance with the Grundfos Group EHS Standards and requirements. The Environment and Safety Manager manages plant-level environmental and safety programs designed to maintain a safe work environment, strict regulatory compliance (OSHA, EPA, DOT, etc.), ISO 14001 and OSHAS 18001 certification, and Corporate sustainability initiatives. This position has experience interacting with internal and external relationships critical to achieving regulatory compliance. This position drives continuous improvement of EHS performance.
Key Success Factors:
- Positive Audit results as it pertains to this specialty (both internal and external)
- Meet all compliance requirements
- Positively engage and instill a safe workplace throughout the organization
- Lead all EH&S Initiatives, special projects and see them thru completion
- Have a positive working relationship with stakeholders, both internal and external
Posting Reporting, & Work Relations:
- Plan, develop, administer, and manage company environmental, health & safety programs. Determine applicability of all Federal, State, Local and Grundfos Global EHS requirements.
- Develop, revise, interpret, and administer environmental, health & safety policies, procedures and training programs to meet State/Federal regulations and business requirements, i.e., HAZCOM, Lockout/Tagout, New Hire Orientation, Modified Duty, etc. Ensure compliance with all Federal, State, Local environmental permits.
- Reduces near misses, accidents and other unsafe incidents by developing and implementing an effective Safety, Loss Prevention, and training program based on current processes and planned modifications.
- Implementation and oversight of all Grundfos Global Group EHS requirements and projects as they are developed and deployed.
- Performs regular Safety, Loss Prevention, and training audits and enforces safety regulations. Makes recommendations to correct or eliminate hazards, and once approved, ensures effective implementation of corrective actions.
- Ensures thorough investigations of accidents and OSHA complaints are conducted in a timely manner and proper courses of action are taken to ensure a safe workplace and compliance with OSHA regulations.
- Actively participate in Grundfos Group EHS conferences, focus groups and initiatives as directed.
- Consult, analyze, and recommend safe work methods relative to current and new programs.
- Direct and oversee EHS Committee activities and provide direction technical guidance to the EHS Committees as needed
- Provide day-to-day guidance and technical expertise on all EHS related issues that may arise.
- Lead and/or participate in incident investigations, collaborate to determine corrective actions, and provide oversight and guidance to see them through to completion.
- Prepare, analyze, track, and recommend solutions for hazardous conditions. Analyze Workers’ Compensation activity to develop, implement, manage, and evaluate safety objectives.
- Ensure contractor compliance with safety regulations and plant policies by indoctrinating potential contractors to familiarize them with plant procedures and standards.
- Complete all required annual Environmental Reporting i.e. SARA, air permitting, water permitting, etc.
- Maintain the Environmental, Health and Safety Management System in accordance with ISO 14001 environmental standards and OHSAS 18001 Health & safety requirements;
- Actively track and report KPIs at least monthly to Local, Regional, and Global management
- Maintain EHS Monitoring and Measurement systems, including Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s) as set forth by local and global management;
- Serve as the main contact point for all workers compensation cases and collaborate with Human Resources to manage claims from the time it is initiated through the final release to duty.
- Provide interpretation, implementation and maintenance of plant-level EHS regulatory compliance and training programs
Required Minimum Qualifications:
Bachelor's Degree and a minimum of 10+ years progressive experience in manufacturing, industrial, electrical or safety engineering, and regulatory compliance. Must be able to travel domestically and internationally.
Accountability, Collaboration, Customer Centricity, Planning and Organizing, Presentation Skills, Deciding and Initiating Action
Notice for candidates from Russia and Central Asia
If you are a candidate from any of the below mentioned countries wishing to explore employment opportunities with Grundfos, we would like to firstly thank you for your interest, and urge you to visit the job page of your country to apply for specific positions that interest you, rather than create a talent profile in
our system. This is suggested to ensure full compliance with the data privacy
requirements of your country.
Russia, Belarus, Kazakhstan, Uzbekistan, Turkmenistan, Tajikistan, Afghanistan, Kyrgyzstan
Grundfos now has a global recruiting system in place, supporting our ambition to provide a qualitative user experience to all our candidates.
To be updated on all career opportunities that might interest you as a candidate, we ask you to create a Talent Profile and set up a job alert so that you will be notified when a position that matches your criteria is posted. Creating a profile will also enable Grundfos recruiters to search and find your CV for when your education and experience match a role we are actively working to fill.
Thank you for your interest in Grundfos.