The Electrical Controls Engineer focuses on the development, product support and service support for electrical control systems and electronic equipment, deployed on Grundfos product in the region. This position will operate daily in the US Tech Center in Brookshire, Texas reporting to the Engineering Director. The US Tech Center supports the US region with detailed design, technology, and product platform support for existing and new product development. The US Tech Center is a part of Grundfos’ Product and Offerings development organization and this position will work closely together with colleagues around the world.
- Accountable for providing electrical and controls knowledge to develop solutions for projects and activities. E.g. Closed loop control design, system performance analysis, motor and controller (VFD) interaction and setup, communication protocols, and PLC programming.
- Provide specialist recommendations to Business Development, Engineering and Field Service, regarding feasibility and recommendations on new product or existing product modifications. This to include the drafting of technical engineering specifications as ideas mature into project roadmaps.
- Provide specialist product support to other stake holders when necessary to answer questions or resolve issues. (e.g. Operations, Service etc.)
- Support Quality in identifying root cause reasons for non-conforming electrical product or component issues, to increase reliability and reduce product failure. Will propose and facilitate the implementation of good practices within Engineering and other areas to improve product quality and reliability.
- Plan project activities within a team environment, establishing steps, gates and lead times to facilitate execution.
Required Education & Qualifications
Candidates must have a Bachelor’s degree in electrical engineering and a minimum of 5 years of relevant professional business experience.
- Possess knowledge of the concept of control scheme architecture in terms of modelling, integration, optimization and deployment.
- Experience with business communication systems, protocols and hardware - Modbus RTU, Modbus TCP/IP, BACnet, PROFINET, Profibus, LON, Bluetooth wireless technology.
- Possess strong PLC programming (Allen Bradley, Siemens) skills.
- Strong verbal and writing skills in communicating within all levels of the organization. English proficiency is a must.
- Within the scope of this Job Description, adhere to the Company’s ISO Quality Programs and Company Policies
- Ability to work in a fast- paced dynamic open space work environment.
- Be able to work in an office as well as manufacturing environments, sitting, standing, and ability to lift up to 50lbs, may be required.
- Able to work outside normal office hours, as may be required in relation to travel or collaboration with global peers (such as early morning or late evening meetings).
- This position may have to travel domestically and internationally up to 5% of the time. Candidates should be able to maintain a valid passport.
- GENI communication protocol
- MS Visual Studio, Python, C++, MATLAB and LabVIEW
- Scada system integration
- Design systems to meet EMI requirements
- Azure based IoT. solutions
- Experience with project planning methods and tools (MS Project, MS Teams, MS Planner)
Notice for candidates from Russia and Central Asia
If you are a candidate from any of the below mentioned countries wishing to explore employment opportunities with Grundfos, we would like to firstly thank you for your interest, and urge you to visit the job page of your country to apply for specific positions that interest you, rather than create a talent profile in
our system. This is suggested to ensure full compliance with the data privacy
requirements of your country.
Russia, Belarus, Kazakhstan, Uzbekistan, Turkmenistan, Tajikistan, Afghanistan, Kyrgyzstan
Grundfos now has a global recruiting system in place, supporting our ambition to provide a qualitative user experience to all our candidates.
To be updated on all career opportunities that might interest you as a candidate, we ask you to create a Talent Profile and set up a job alert so that you will be notified when a position that matches your criteria is posted. Creating a profile will also enable Grundfos recruiters to search and find your CV for when your education and experience match a role we are actively working to fill.
Thank you for your interest in Grundfos.