Supplier Account Manager
What do we offer?
Would you like to join a multi-cultural team of skilled, ambitious colleagues from all over Europe who value not only professionalism but also a great collegial atmosphere? Do you want to establish close relationships within the global Grundfos organization and gain a broad network where you have touchpoints that go beyond your own categories? Then join the EMEA purchase team as a Supplier Account Manager (SAM).
”We are a strong team and enjoy a good working atmosphere. High level of trust, respect and good relationships are some of the ingredients. While being spread all over Europe, we have a high team spirit and we are closely connected. On a weekly basis, we have action meetings via skype. Monthly, we do meet online for department meetings. And now and then, we also meet face to face in sub-groups or with the entire team depending on the projects we are working on”, Sven explains.
What is the job about?
As our new Supplier Account Manager, you are responsible for fulfilling the tasks linked to the Supplier Relationship Management process for allocated suppliers in close cooperation with the relevant local units, Sourcing Managers (SM) and according to the supplier classification. The SAM is responsible for regular contact and follow-up with the suppliers related to performance against target and agreed supplier development activities. Activities which have a commercial impact must involve the SMs.
The key activities in that role can be described as follows:
· Manage regular contact and follow-up with suppliers on performance against target and agreed supplier development activities.
· Ensure implementation of framework agreements and follow the compliance according to the targets set by the Sourcing Manager.
· Drive classification of suppliers (S/K/C/T) in cooperation with the Sourcing Manager.
· Build and implement the SRM strategies for key suppliers and relevant collaboration suppliers in cooperation with the Sourcing Manager.
· Take responsibility for purchase deliveries from relevant suppliers in D&E projects.
· Track the performance of suppliers with the agreed frequency and evaluate against set targets.
· Build recommendations to the Sourcing Manager to terminate suppliers based on poor performance.
· Make recommendations on new targets when agreements are ready for renewal.
· Drive value optimization through Supplier Focused Initiatives (SFI).
Your main collaboration partners are Purchasing, Production regions, Group Operations. Your job takes you travelling approximately 20 to 40 days a year.
What do you need to apply?
· Educational background within Business (e.g. Master’s Degree, Bachelor’s Degree) or engineering and some years of relevant work experience.
· Ability to lead processes or projects.
· Strong ability influence others.
· Experience in analysis and strategy creation.
· Fluent in English (both: written and spoken).
· Technical background would be beneficial.
“On a personal level, you enjoy relating and networking with stakeholders on all hierarchical levels. You are a good communicator and know how to persuade and influence others. Team-work, respect and trust are important to you”, finishes Sven.
If this job sounds appealing to you, please send your English resume and Motivation Letter.
We look forward to hearing from you.
If you want to dig deeper into the Grundfos universe, please visit our Grundfos YouTube Channel here:
http://www.youtube.com/grundfos or on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/GrundfosEngineering
Notice for candidates from Russia and Central Asia
If you are a candidate from any of the below mentioned countries wishing to explore employment opportunities with Grundfos, we would like to firstly thank you for your interest, and urge you to visit the job page of your country to apply for specific positions that interest you, rather than create a talent profile in
our system. This is suggested to ensure full compliance with the data privacy
requirements of your country.
Russia, Belarus, Kazakhstan, Uzbekistan, Turkmenistan, Tajikistan, Afghanistan, Kyrgyzstan
Grundfos now has a global recruiting system in place, supporting our ambition to provide a qualitative user experience to all our candidates.
To be updated on all career opportunities that might interest you as a candidate, we ask you to create a Talent Profile and set up a job alert so that you will be notified when a position that matches your criteria is posted. Creating a profile will also enable Grundfos recruiters to search and find your CV for when your education and experience match a role we are actively working to fill.
Thank you for your interest in Grundfos.