The Group Senior Manager Packaging & Labeling is responsible for the design and implementation of all packaging standards from an End to End view: including suppliers, manufacturing, warehouse handling and transportation. A clear understanding of material flow processes into, within, and out of all Grundfos facilities. This position falls under Group Logistics. His/her focus is to establish an end to end global organization with clear accountability on cost performance, operational performance and on defining the long-term strategic roadmap on supplier packaging, customer packaging, expendable packaging versus returnable packaging in Grundfos.
- He/She finds opportunities to optimize our global packaging utilization projects striving to implement returnable solutions and savings in the complete supply chain and reduce waste.
- The Group Senior Manager Packaging & Labeling needs to develop the long-term strategy in the form of a roadmap of strategic initiatives to drive globally Grundfos group packaging standards from an end to end supply chain perspective while keeping a cost competitiveness advantage. The roadmap is a global framework that will be used to operate on a yearly basis to translate long terms initiatives into budget plans. The responsibilities contain:
- implementing, improving and maintaining the Packaging & Labelling standards for inbound components and raw material. Possible use of Returnable Packaging
- implementing OEM customers returnable packaging standards for outbound material in alignment with business objectives
- Also optimize packaging & labelling to achieve greater storage efficiency in DCs.
- aligning customer packaging & labelling with R&D, Product Management and Marketing and proper packaging to protect and preserve product in complete supply chain. Quality Packaging & Labelling as initial first impression to Customers on delivery.
- plant specific packaging & labelling guidelines striving for returnable solutions while considering safety, plant specific line side presentation needs and equipment constraints
- assessing pertinent benchmark data to effectively plan strategies and allow data-based decision-making using company’s continuous improvement processes.
- working with purchasing and direct suppliers to assure supplier conformance to packaging & labelling standards
- monitoring and maintaining packaging Bills of Materials
- maintaining specifications on all packaging items and assigning part numbers for new packaging items
- assisting in negotiating Purchasing agreements specific to packaging
- The Group Senior Manager Packaging & Labeling has the responsibility to establish a full end to end global packaging organization to drive daily sustainable operations with reduction of waste but also to ensure that long term initiatives are supported and led by his/her function. He/She will be responsible to define the future design of the organization.
Key Success Factors
The expectation is to drive savings projects and the future packaging strategy simultaneously. The Group Senior Manager Packaging & Labelling will be directly responsible of the savings and global packaging budget. The performance will be measured through YoY productivity savings, 360 feedback reviews with cross-functional stakeholders and the functional EMS index (Employee Motivation and Satisfaction). In future there will be a waste reduction measure as part of the Grundfos sustainability index.
Posting, Reporting, and Work Relations
The Group Senior Manager Packaging & Labelling has a very large range of stakeholders to manage. Internally He/She will relate, influence and collaborate with key group functions: sales, operations functions (like purchasing, Environment, Health and safety, Supply Chain and Quality), finance and business development. Working in a full matrix organization He/She will need to navigate at different levels in the organization from group management to plants through regional management teams. Externally He/She will interact with Customers, external partners (3PL/4PL) and Suppliers).
Required Minimum Qualifications and Competencies
- Bachelor’s degree in applicable field (Packaging, Product Development, Logistics, Engineering, with a Graduate-level Packaging Degree a plus)
- 10+ years of Packaging experience across multiple countries/regions, preferably in an Industrial environment such as the Automotive industry.
- Deep knowledge of packaging solutions and successful experience in returnable packaging projects/flows
- Strong Microsoft Office skills (Excel, Word, and PowerPoint) and Project Management Skills
- Fluent in English (written and spoken), able to communicate to all layers of the organization, incl. headquarters.
- A deep understanding of Lean and six sigma principles Extensive and inclusive global people management experience
- Strong communication (written and verbal) and presentation skills
- Strong analytical skills
- Extensive experience in making business cases with end to end supply chain perspective
- Ability to motivate and inspire colleagues
- Demonstrate ability to manage stakeholders with influencing skills
- 15% Travel
Location: Székesfehérvár, Hungary
Notice for candidates from Russia and Central Asia
If you are a candidate from any of the below mentioned countries wishing to explore employment opportunities with Grundfos, we would like to firstly thank you for your interest, and urge you to visit the job page of your country to apply for specific positions that interest you, rather than create a talent profile in
our system. This is suggested to ensure full compliance with the data privacy
requirements of your country.
Russia, Belarus, Kazakhstan, Uzbekistan, Turkmenistan, Tajikistan, Afghanistan, Kyrgyzstan
Grundfos now has a global recruiting system in place, supporting our ambition to provide a qualitative user experience to all our candidates.
To be updated on all career opportunities that might interest you as a candidate, we ask you to create a Talent Profile and set up a job alert so that you will be notified when a position that matches your criteria is posted. Creating a profile will also enable Grundfos recruiters to search and find your CV for when your education and experience match a role we are actively working to fill.
Thank you for your interest in Grundfos.