This role will join the fast paced Grundfos Packaged Solutions team as a pivotal member providing support in quotations and vendor relations. Responsible for preparing cost estimates by analyzing proposal, specifications and other requirements. Grundfos Packaged Systems is a complete pump packaging facility, which consists of HVAC equipment, chillers/cooling towers and water utility distribution pump skids.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Prepares work to be estimated by gathering proposals, submittals, specifications, and engineering related documents, including valves, heat exchangers, pumps, transducers, etc.
- Identifies labor, material, and time requirements by studying proposals, specifications, and related documents.
- Computes costs by analyzing labor, material, and time requirements.
- Resolves discrepancies by collecting and analyzing information.
- Presents prepared estimate by assembling and displaying numerical and descriptive information for the Applications and Engineering teams.
- Prepares reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends.
- Maintains cost data base by entering and backing up data.
- Maintains technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing technical publications and participating in individually led training.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Works to maintain vendor relations to include: optimized pricing, securing deliver to meet specified lead times, researching new vendors, etc.
- Acts as the liaison between GPS and GCB Purchasing to ensure alignment with processes and procedures.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Strong communication skills, both oral and written are a must. Strong work ethic. Able to multitask and meet multiple deadlines.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Access, Power Point, Projects, etc.), Materials Management Systems (SAP preferred), Drawing Applications a plus (CAD, Solid Works, etc.) and ADOBE Professional.
- Maintain area of competency by attending training courses, seminars, workshops, etc. as required.
- Knowledge of pump principals, construction, hydraulics and application preferred.
Education and Experience:
- 1-3 years of working in manufacturing atmosphere, including project business
- Experience with rotating equipment including drivers, controls, interface within a manufacturing and/or construction environment preferred.
Physical and Environmental Requirements:
- Prolonged periods in a seated position utilizing a phone and computer with occasional twisting to reach equipment on desk; performs simple grasping, listens with sufficient acuity to perform all aspects of the job.
- Occasionally lifts up to 5 lbs.
- Daily visits made to various internal departments.
- Periodic visits made to other Grundfos or customer sites in and out of the United States. Candidates should be able to maintain a valid passport.
Notice for candidates from Russia and Central Asia
If you are a candidate from any of the below mentioned countries wishing to explore employment opportunities with Grundfos, we would like to firstly thank you for your interest, and urge you to visit the job page of your country to apply for specific positions that interest you, rather than create a talent profile in
our system. This is suggested to ensure full compliance with the data privacy
requirements of your country.
Russia, Belarus, Kazakhstan, Uzbekistan, Turkmenistan, Tajikistan, Afghanistan, Kyrgyzstan
Grundfos now has a global recruiting system in place, supporting our ambition to provide a qualitative user experience to all our candidates.
To be updated on all career opportunities that might interest you as a candidate, we ask you to create a Talent Profile and set up a job alert so that you will be notified when a position that matches your criteria is posted. Creating a profile will also enable Grundfos recruiters to search and find your CV for when your education and experience match a role we are actively working to fill.
Thank you for your interest in Grundfos.