The Business Controller supports the U.S. Sales function with information, analysis, financial forecasting, revenue and expense budgeting, and coordinating workflow among the entities relating to the U/S. sales organization, Duties include researching trends about the position of the sales company, segment, cluster, area or other defined business dimensions. This position directly contributes to strategic decisions, providing a forward-looking and commercial view. This position will operate out of our Brookshire, TX office. Relocation support and work authorization support will not be provided for this position.
1. Provides analysis of business drivers, financial performance improvement action recommendations, sales analytics, and other performance-based analytics.
2. Prepares budgets, financial reports, and assists in developing business cases to support strategic initiatives.
3. Challenges proposals and decisions in a constructive, objective and professional way. Provides alternative options and keeps the long-term interests of all stakeholders in mind.
4. Oversees full cost allocation and optimizes contribution to Group Profitability on relevant dimensions (companies, products, customers, segments, projects etc.)
5. Interprets and translates business plans; integrates with planning models.
6. Drives business value by leading and coordinating all planning, forecasting and business-review processes across area, prioritizing a forward view and acting proactively.
7. Prepares quarterly forecasts and suggests corrective actions.
8. Prepares material and participates in quarterly business reviews.
9. Consolidates internal management reports (using group & regional template). Analyses and reports deviations between budgets, forecasts and actuals.
10. Takes the lead in all other performance management matters, incl. selecting measures, maintenance and data-sourcing dashboards.
11. Oversees price management and discount structures.
12. Oversees full cost allocation and optimizes contribution to Group profitability on relevant dimensions (company, customers, products, segments) for the U.S.
13. Provides input for incentives and KPIs and assists leadership in determining targets. Monitors KPIs and ensures corrective actions.
14. Manages dashboard designs, deployment incl. periodic data sourcing.
15. Monitors investment spending against budgets. Works proactively with the segment VP’s to support business performance at the unit level through analysis and relevant financial tools and templates.
16. Participates in month-end closing preparation meetings and the annual closing meeting. Provides input on sales, revenue, COS adjustments (rev. recognition) and ensures follow-up on billing due lists in sales. Provides input for specific accruals/provisions (eg. warranty).
17. Provides leadership, direction, and development of cost controlling function and employee(s).
18. Market Plan model creation and monitoring. Review monthly with respective sales leads.
19. Processing of market plan related credits throughout year and at yearend.
20. Finance representative on IS sales/finance related implementations and projects.
21. Reviews and approves daily and extraordinary invoices.
22. Support AP process in various tasks.
Required Education and Experience:
BS degree in accounting or finance required. Master’s degree a plus. Candidates must have a minimum of 3 years’ experience in a Corporate Finance role using SAP.
- Experience building and modeling strategic plans, budgets, and reforecast cycles/programs.
- Significant commercial knowledge.
- Demonstrated depth in business and strategic thinking.
- Enterprise-wide perspective, enabling collection of data from multiple source systems and translation into an aggregate dashboard.
- Ability to clearly and concisely summarize data and present conclusions to senior management.
- Strong analytical, creative thinking and problem-solving skills
- Extensive use of complex spreadsheets and datasets to consolidate and analyze data.
- Proven ability to work closely with senior executives.
- Style that is collaborative and supportive.
- Demonstrated ability to function in both a financial and commercial environment.
- Proactive mindset with the ability to work independently and be self-sufficient.
- Exemplary written and verbal communication sills including group presentation skills.
- Demonstrated excellence in management of complex projects.
- In depth knowledge of SAP R3 FI and SD modules.
- In depth knowledge of pricing matrix and CO-PA structures
- In depth knowledge of SAP’s sales hierarchy structure, BW or other complex sales data base structures.
- Fluency with Excel, Access, and PowerPoint.
Notice for candidates from Russia and Central Asia
If you are a candidate from any of the below mentioned countries wishing to explore employment opportunities with Grundfos, we would like to firstly thank you for your interest, and urge you to visit the job page of your country to apply for specific positions that interest you, rather than create a talent profile in
our system. This is suggested to ensure full compliance with the data privacy
requirements of your country.
Russia, Belarus, Kazakhstan, Uzbekistan, Turkmenistan, Tajikistan, Afghanistan, Kyrgyzstan
Grundfos now has a global recruiting system in place, supporting our ambition to provide a qualitative user experience to all our candidates.
To be updated on all career opportunities that might interest you as a candidate, we ask you to create a Talent Profile and set up a job alert so that you will be notified when a position that matches your criteria is posted. Creating a profile will also enable Grundfos recruiters to search and find your CV for when your education and experience match a role we are actively working to fill.
Thank you for your interest in Grundfos.